ADVICE??!!

j0nny2013

Reaction score
I've had my A3 for 6 months now and still loving it BUT, I really want to get the S3 because of the power and wanting to go to stronic rather than manual and the fact it's Awd is a bonus.

Always wanted one but now wanting one more than ever.

Only problem is the depreciation on my current car I would believe is going to affect me in having any equity in the car to put down as deposit.

i usually aim for 2k equity after selling privately but to do that now I would need to sell for £25k and by the looks of what is already for sale that is expensive! Granted not as good a spec as mine but think I may struggle.

do I wait another 6 month to a year or ...... I'm not sure!!

Any thoughts appreciated

I've had my A3 for 6 months now and still loving it BUT, I really want to get the S3 because of the power and wanting to go to stronic rather than manual and the fact it's Awd is a bonus.

Always wanted one but now wanting one more than ever.

Only problem is the depreciation on my current car I would believe is going to affect me in having any equity in the car to put down as deposit.

i usually aim for 2k equity after selling privately but to do that now I would need to sell for £25k and by the looks of what is already for sale that is expensive! Granted not as good a spec as mine but think I may struggle.

do I wait another 6 month to a year or ...... I'm not sure!!

Any thoughts appreciated

You only live once and if you can afford go for the car you want and love.

Just ensure you can afford and are happy with the monthlies then get it ordered !

Reactions: j0nny2013
As above, if you want to change your A3 for an S3 then go for it.

As for depreciation, forget about it. Speak to your local Audi dealer, get him to quote you into an S3. It all comes down to the cost to change at the end of the day.

As above, if you want to change your A3 for an S3 then go for it.

As for depreciation, forget about it. Speak to your local Audi dealer, get him to quote you into an S3. It all comes down to the cost to change at the end of the day.

Was the "forget about it" said in an Italian accent?

Reactions: j0nny2013
Was the "forget about it" said in an Italian accent?

Thumb

Reactions: The Challinor and j0nny2013
i say......

View attachment 35926

It is my understanding that most dealers use this to value cars, expect to take it hit though, however, to soften the blow research as many of the discount sites and be prepared to use dealers nationwide as the one where you got your current A3 from may not match the discounts currently on offer.

Glass's Guide Car Valuations

Keep us posted and i hope it works out well.

Reactions: The Challinor and j0nny2013
Ask Nike motto "Just Do It"

Can't you try to sell the A3 privately? Surely there must be a buyer happy to buy a quite new A3 minus the new car price tag, as you're likely to get more than a dealer trade-in.

We nearly did the same, test drove the A3 and the S3, the A3 definitely would had been suitable, and all you would really need, but my wife said the S3 put more of a smile on my face every time we had it out on a test drive, so she encourage me to buy the S3, I didn't need another reason after that.

I'm sure we would be the same if we went A3, then having the constant regret and what ifs all the time.

Just walk in to a dealer and put your cards on the table.

I was in the same boat - thought I wouldn't get the numbers to stack up but the dealer was keen to do a deal and the next day order signed.

Cost to change is what its about as already noted. Sometimes you can be surprised what dealers can pull out the bag to make a deal work. Trade-in value of your car might be slightly irrelevant too as its going to take a while probably to get hold of a factory build S3, so try and negotiate a guaranteed equity for your car. That can work quite well.

Ask Nike motto "Just Do It"

Can't you try to sell the A3 privately? Surely there must be a buyer happy to buy a quite new A3 minus the new car price tag, as you're likely to get more than a dealer trade-in.

We nearly did the same, test drove the A3 and the S3, the A3 definitely would had been suitable, and all you would really need, but my wife said the S3 put more of a smile on my face every time we had it out on a test drive, so she encourage me to buy the S3, I didn't need another reason after that.

I'm sure we would be the same if we went A3, then having the constant regret and what ifs all the time.

There seems to be a few people get the A3 then decide the S3 is the way forward! either way I cannot loose I suppose because I still love my A3 so if I couldn't get a good enough deal I still have this one.

You made a good choice by just going with your heart rather than your head on this one! I should have probably done the same!

Just walk in to a dealer and put your cards on the table.

I was in the same boat - thought I wouldn't get the numbers to stack up but the dealer was keen to do a deal and the next day order signed.

Cost to change is what its about as already noted. Sometimes you can be surprised what dealers can pull out the bag to make a deal work. Trade-in value of your car might be slightly irrelevant too as its going to take a while probably to get hold of a factory build S3, so try and negotiate a guaranteed equity for your car. That can work quite well.

Think I will see out of interrest what he can do for me, shy bairns get nout!

I think I will end up selling privately to get as much as I can.

Carwow are giving me a £3,200 discount off the S3 which I think is amazing. Lets just hope my local branch can get close!

Think I will see out of interrest what he can do for me, shy bairns get nout!

I think I will end up selling privately to get as much as I can.

Carwow are giving me a £3,200 discount off the S3 which I think is amazing. Lets just hope my local branch can get close!

I enquired about exchanging my July 2013 CoD for a S3 (priced at £30.3K after 8% discount). Cost to change was £11.3k, valuing my CoD at £19K.

This was at Kings Lynn Audi. Hope that helps!!

I enquired about exchanging my July 2013 CoD for a S3 (priced at £30.3K after 8% discount). Cost to change was £11.3k, valuing my CoD at £19K.

This was at Kings Lynn Audi. Hope that helps!!

cheers for that, what did you end up doing?

Here is my Audi code I've just created if you have a sec to look... AC8PQ6XM
Very nice. If it were me. LED headlights. They are amazing.

If cost is an issue. Then rid the painted calipers as it's absurd that Audi are charging that much for them and perhaps keyless entry?

You choice mate. Very nice indeed though.

Very nice. If it were me. LED headlights. They are amazing.

If cost is an issue. Then rid the painted calipers as it's absurd that Audi are charging that much for them and perhaps keyless entry?

You choice mate. Very nice indeed though.

Cheers Mate

Would love LED headlights but dont think I can afford them.

100% agree about calipers, they will be charging you for tyres shortly!

I think If I had to drop options it would be the keyless entry and I would probably wouldnt mind going back to standard alloys to be honest!

Cheers Mate

Would love LED headlights but dont think I can afford them.

100% agree about calipers, they will be charging you for tyres shortly!

I think If I had to drop options it would be the keyless entry and I would probably wouldnt mind going back to standard alloys to be honest!

Rid - painted calipers, keyless entry & optional alloys.
Introduce - LED headlights, black styling pack (with anthracite 'star' design alloys) or Chrome grill (S-line alloys) wouldn't have star design alloys with chrome grill as imo they don't compliment each other at all.

nice colour choice btw.

Rid - painted calipers, keyless entry & optional alloys.
Introduce - LED headlights, black styling pack (with anthracite 'star' design alloys) or Chrome grill (S-line alloys) wouldn't have star design alloys with chrome grill as imo they don't compliment each other at all.

nice colour choice btw.

yeah I probably will get rid of the keyless entry for sure. I currently have the black styling pack with the optional alloys that I put on this one but tbh I like the S3 chrome at the front so didnt want to go black pack again but do agree about the wheels matching the grill though!

They do have the alloys I've selected in silver rather than the titanimum which may be a better option.

Love the sepang blue! 100% getting this colour.

Reactions: Louay
cheers for that, what did you end up doing?

I ve decided to keep it. I did think about a Golf GTI and a R but couldn't justify spending at least another £7k to swap (I am a strictly readies man, no PCP / Lease).

I ve decided to keep it. I did think about a Golf GTI and a R but couldn't justify spending at least another £7k to swap (I am a strictly readies man, no PCP / Lease).

aye it is a lot of money to spend.

For me I just to PCP so doesnt affect me as bad.

So now you've made that decision just enjoy your car. There's always a nicer shinier better specced car around the corner but you chose it, you have a great machine so get out there and DRIVE IT!