AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By veeeight

Thread: Setting preferred navigation routes...

Reverse Gear

Status

Question Setting preferred navigation routes...

Hello all.

Went for a drive today using the nav system, which decided there was traffic up ahead and diverted me (twice).
    This is all well and good, however it took me down many ridiculously twisty and narrow country roads.
    Twice I had to stop and back track as the car would barely squeeze through.

Is there any way to set my preference to stick to the main/larger roads?

(The settings seem to be Short/Fast/Eco with no explanation what each does)

Thanks for any opinions...

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    When you set your destination route. Before you proceed you can scroll down and choose preferred router and then get an option of 3. Scroll through the navigation wheel and you can see your navigation route on 3 different colour routes. It won't be instant to choose from but will take a couple of seconds to load up. Once you choose your preferred route then you can click on the wheel and off you go. Hope that helps.

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks mate. will try that out.

6th Gear

Status
    Isn't that defeating the point of the traffic redirect somewhat though? I've generally found it to be quite a good feature
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes fair point. I want it to redirect me, however would prefer to avoid redirects through twisty narrow farm roads. (face to face with tractors and those brambles scratching my paint )

2nd Gear

Status
    That's with all sat navigation. I've only used tomtom and it will pick the quickest route. It will take you through what ever route to get to your destination. If you want the main roads you might as well choose via *town and etc...

5th Gear

Status

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

1st Gear

Status
    Its a shame 'vignette road' isn't fancy for 'country lane' :D
    On order: MY2015 S3 S-Tronic 3 door, Sepang Blue, debadge & body colour mirrors. Many options.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Is that on the high end MMI only? Never seen that option on my sat nav.

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, it's a Connect feature, it uses the online traffic info
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    ^ Also on Tech Pack, no Connect.
    (That's what the screenshot came off)

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

6th Gear

Status
    Oh OK, fair enough

5th Gear

Status
    Where it says "TMC" in the lower LH corner, what does it say on Tech Pack with Connect?

1st Gear

Status
    TP
    My14 S3 3 Door (Audi Ireland Press Car) in Masano Red

Options - Misano Red - MMI Navigation Plus (no DAB as it is not available here) - Audi Connect - Fine Nappa - Heated Seats - Heated Seats - Metallic Paint - 18" 5 Parallel Spoke Star Design Alloy Wheels - Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Standard - Bluetooth
    - Drive Select - Music Interface - Presence Basic - Auto Headlight Range Adj - Exterior Chrome - Rear Park Assist - Xenon Lights with LED daytime running lights

1st Gear

Status
    Where it says "TMC" in the lower LH corner, what does it say on Tech Pack with Connect?
    Sorry mine says "TP"

Options - Misano Red - MMI Navigation Plus (no DAB as it is not available here) - Audi Connect - Fine Nappa - Heated Seats - Heated Seats - Metallic Paint - 18" 5 Parallel Spoke Star Design Alloy Wheels - Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Standard - Bluetooth
    - Drive Select - Music Interface - Presence Basic - Auto Headlight Range Adj - Exterior Chrome - Rear Park Assist - Xenon Lights with LED daytime running lights

6th Gear

Status
    Mine says "TMC ONLINE"

6th Gear

Status
    Doesn't that change according to if you have the mmi set to receive traffic alerts?
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, TP is traffic priority so it'll be for people who have that option set.

1st Gear

Status
    So (I read somewhere we now have TMC in Dublin........ TMC (Traffic Message Channel) | Dublin City Council ) is the TMC a subscription service or is it free? My TMC is greyed out.

Standard - Bluetooth

6th Gear

Status
    It's a service that's broadcast over the classic FM frequency, free.

5th Gear

Status
    Strictly speaking, it's only "free" in the sense that you, as the end user, have nothing further to pay to use this service, as it's already been paid for by buying the Sat Nav from Audi, who have already paid the "royalty/licence".

In Ireland, I believe the TMC channel is carried by RTE Radio.

Anyway, here's what the bottom LH corner looks like when you have both TMC and TP selected:

Last edited by veeeight; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:46.
    illingworth22 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Strictly speaking, it's only "free" in the sense that you, as the end user, have nothing further to pay to use this service, as it's already been paid for by buying the Sat Nav from Audi, who have already paid the "royalty/licence".

In Ireland, I believe the TMC channel is carried by RTE Radio.

Anyway, here's what the bottom LH corner looks like when you have both TMC and TP selected:

So do I have to listen to RTE to get the TMC to show up.. or will it automatically pick up the info? Also I have no options to switch it on.... if that's what you have to do!

I wondered if Audi Ireland had not paid the license for the TMC and this was the reason for not having it showing up.

Standard - Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    First part of question only - no you don't have to listen to RTE - they are simply the "carrier" of the TMC data! In the UK it is Classic FM. I'm not sure about Audi Ireland but I think that in Germany it is not free and has to be subscribed to. But
    Collection 4 August: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.