Spotify track skipping through MMI

Nardies

Reaction score
I've got the Tech Pack, but not Audi Connect on my A3. Spotify over Bluetooth works fine, though tends to sap battery after a while. So I'd prefer to have it connected through the cable so it charges the phone. However, as soon I connect the cable it forces the audio to be sent down the cable, again, that's fine as the quality is better than Bluetooth. Another however though, the ability to skip tracks through MMI is then lost, as it just pauses the playing track and I have to go back to the phone to play songs again.

Is there anyway around this?

what phone you using?

with my Nexus 5, after a couple of mods I can get the battery life lasting agest and music through spotify is easy.

Also you'll be surprised with the way BT has moved on since the early days, streaming on BT is almost as good as cable now.

iPhone. It seems to confuse MMI over cable, like it say it pauses the track, but it then tries to play from the iPod app, rather than Spotify.

Also just noticed that after an MMI software update I now have WLAN audio as an option!

iPhone. It seems to confuse MMI over cable, like it say it pauses the track, but it then tries to play from the iPod app, rather than Spotify.

Also just noticed that after an MMI software update I now have WLAN audio as an option!

WLAN seems to work quite well as you can see playlists and browse through folders but unfortunately it doesn't support Spotify, at least not on Android.

How do you get WLAN audio to work? I've entered the details into my phone, but it doesn't seem to stream from the iPod

You need the Audi app. I think it's called "MMI connect".
Edit: that might only be for Audi Connect. There's another called "Audi music stream" which might be the right one for you.

You need the Audi app. I think it's called "MMI connect".
Edit: that might only be for Audi Connect. There's another called "Audi music stream" which might be the right one for you.

Brilliant, thanks! Doesn't appear to support Spotify like you say though, guess we'll just have to wait for future updates

Just curious, do either of these apps work with the Tech Pack (without Connect)?