Help for new audi owner

Marc18

Reaction score
New to the forum and to audi. Used the forum a lot whn deciding what to buy so thought id eventually sign up.
Got my A3 1.8 tfsi a couple of weeks ago. Loving it so far.

Im after making a few mods but nothing to serious. Just to make the car stand out from the crowd when I want, but still be usable on a daily basis.

First question is, I'm looking to install an induction kit but there doesnt seem to be any about for the 1.8tfsi. I looked at just putting my own together but i can't seem to figure out how the bottom part of the air box is removed. Anyone shed some light on this?

Secondly, I wanted to change the exhaust for a bit extra noise, but only the back box if possible to keep it subtle when needed. Is the exhaust all one piece so it would require cutting and welding to change only the back box or are they separate pieces? my old golf was in sections which helped a lot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Heres a couple of pictures on my car...

Reactions: Foshiznik
It's by far the best foam I've used. Clings and dwells like no other :)

It's by far the best foam I've used. Clings and dwells like no other :)

It's something I don't yet own unfortunately. These pictures were at my local detailing company. Next on my list when funds allow is a new pressure washer that autobrite make a lance fitting for :)

Reactions: Leeber
Marc, 2 words, insurance and warranty, both will try anything to wiggle out of having to pay up.

Marc, 2 words, insurance and warranty, both will try anything to wiggle out of having to pay up.

The mods will be declared on the insurance.
As for warranty, im still waiting to speak to someone at audi about it. The answers I've been getting from most places are that they will void warranty for any mods. But I would still stand my ground if they couldn't prove that it was my mod that it. If it was definitely my mod I'd hold my hand up and pay the bill no doubt.
Or I could be cheeky are switch back to standard before it goes is :p

The mods will be declared on the insurance.
As for warranty, im still waiting to speak to someone at audi about it. The answers I've been getting from most places are that they will void warranty for any mods. But I would still stand my ground if they couldn't prove that it was my mod that it. If it was definitely my mod I'd hold my hand up and pay the bill no doubt.
Or I could be cheeky are switch back to standard before it goes is :p

Guess you never gone down that route that you had mods on your car and had to go through insurance?

If I was you (you'll properly heard it all before) but wait a bit longer till your warranty runs out or comes close to running out. My car is already one years old and I won't be modding it till its at least 2 years old.

Guess you never gone down that route that you had mods on your car and had to go through insurance?

If I was you (you'll properly heard it all before) but wait a bit longer till your warranty runs out or comes close to running out. My car is already one years old and I won't be modding it till its at least 2 years old.

I've never had to go through insurance at all tbh mate. Didn't think there would be issues if mods were declared though.

If it comes down to it that audi are gonna be really difficult about it it won't be getting touched.
I just like to make my car my own. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have it slammed on air with a boot build and 300hp etc etc but unfortunately these things cost money ha

The only thing that I feel let's the car down a touch is that it doesn't make quite enough noise. I know it's not an s3 but a bit more of an exhaust note would set it off nicely.

Get some spacers and get some H&R lowering springs. Forget the induction kit and exhaust. Not worth it if you don't have it remapped.

Get some spacers and get some H&R lowering springs. Forget the induction kit and exhaust. Not worth it if you don't have it remapped.

I've already been told from audi that changing the wheels and/or suspension will void warranties related to wheels, brakes, suspension and possibly more. They seems to dislike suspension changes more than anything ha
I would like it lower though so I may take it further with audi and see what I can find out