A3/A3 Sportback Register

glospete

Reaction score
jojo has suggested that I start an A3/A3 Sportback Register as there doesn't seem to be one. I have intentionally not included S3 and S3 Sportbacks as that does seem to be a different beast? But if anyone disagrees I can easily do so.

OK to get the ball roiling as it were - my A3 is on order since 4 June and I have been advised that production is scheduled for BW29 (14 July) so I'm hoping for delivery later in August. The spec of my car is:
  • A3 Sportback S-Line 1.4TFSI COD S-Tronic 150hp
  • Glacier White
  • Black Nappa leather
  • Audi 5 Year Warranty
  • Audi parking system plus with Park Assist
  • Audi Sound System
  • Black Styling package
  • Deletion of technology designation at rear
  • Deselection of sports suspension
  • Driver Assistance package
  • Electric adjustable heated folding door mirrors
  • Electric lumbar support
  • Extended mono-pur interior finish
  • Heated front seats
  • Hold Assist
  • Interior light package
  • LED Headlights
  • Light & rain sensor package
  • Non smoking package
  • Privacy glass
  • Reversible load floor mat
  • Technology package with mobile phone integration - High with Audi Connect
  • Towing equipment
The car will look like this but without the roof rails:
2013 audi a3 sportback 17 1920x1080

As I originally said in earlier posts I wanted to go for the Sport SB to get the light grey leather interior but I was torn as I do prefer the flat-bottom steering wheel and the S-Line body additions, and once I'd specced LED headlights the price of the Sport model became uneconomic. So I'll have to live with the black interior but I'm happy that I've got a good compromise. I was tempted to go for the KA2 Rear Camera but as I have front/rear visual Parking Plus and as I only really ever use the camera on my current car when I'm hitching up my caravan I thought I'd pass on it. I would have gone for the PU7 Dimming Rear View Mirror but at £245 it seems poor value when I can switch to manual dim for nothing! Other temptations were Advanced Key but I'm glad I didn't as people are complaining that it only opens the front doors and boot. I upgraded to the Technology Package + Audi Connect because I was very disappointed with the 400 x 240 resolution of the screen on the SD system, and I love the idea of Google Earth.

Last edited: