Spacers - S3 8v sportback

visionthing

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have just ordered the 20mm H&R lowering springs and want some spacers to complement. The general consensus seems to be 20mm spacers for the rears. What should I get for the fronts, 10, 12, 15mm, other?

Take a look on GNJ's build thread he has H&R springs on with spacers, His looks just right with 18's but not sure what size spacers he fitted, or go on to GNJ Motorsport's website all the info is there.

Wonder if it´s the same size of spacers for Sedan.

Who running what spacers on the original 18" wheels?
What is the best make to get? H&R?

Who running what spacers on the original 18" wheels?
What is the best make to get? H&R?
I've 12mm H&R on 18" stock wheels. Very happy with them. I choose the same value on front and rear wheels to keep oem setup. Maybe you can choose 15mm.

got any pictures? - i find this forum has so many threads running its hard to keep up..

Ive just ordered 16's for the rear and 8's for the front from forge motorsport

Reactions: batch
i don't know, but i want a OEM look to be honest, ... will see if i get anymore answers and take a view; I'm thinking 10mm all round

Yea i think ther a bit more exspensive than the forge ones and ive had forge ones in the past and had no problems

I've 12mm H&R on 18" stock wheels. Very happy with them. I choose the same value on front and rear wheels to keep oem setup. Maybe you can choose 15mm.

Is that 12mm overall or on each side?
Also do you have any pictures?

i would guess 12mm each side, I've just had 5mm each side fitted on my 997 c4s and its hardly noticeable to be honest...
pics would be good!!

I run 15mm front and 20mm rear on the standard 18's on a hatchback. I went for TPI spacers that I got from GNJ Motorsport along with longer wheel nuts and lockers.

Few pics below, couldn't find the thread we all posted in not long ago.

image_zpsisqeiitl.png

image_zpsf0d6wbli.png

image_zpsv41wrbix.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have Forge Motorsport spacers,16mm on the back and 11mm on the front, with 18's:

Fills the arches nicely and doesn't protrude too much

I have Forge Motorsport spacers,16mm on the back and 11mm on the front, with 18's:

Fills the arches nicely and doesn't protrude too much

Looks sweet, wot length bolts did you use on the rear spacers bud?

Reactions: MA3RC
i would guess 12mm each side, I've just had 5mm each side fitted on my 997 c4s and its hardly noticeable to be honest...
pics would be good!!
Yes. 12mm each side.Let me some time to take a decent pic and I post here.
Im terms of handling, I dont have noticed any difference with them so just a nice looking.

I run 15mm front and 20mm rear on the standard 18's on a hatchback. I went for TPI spacers that I got from GNJ Motorsport along with longer wheel nuts and lockers.

Few pics below, couldn't find the thread we all posted in not long ago.

image_zpsisqeiitl.png

image_zpsf0d6wbli.png

image_zpsv41wrbix.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

Looks perfect, will be definitely ordering these when I get around to buying springs!

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Just about to buy spacers but don't know what ones to get. H&R Trak+ seem the best but the dearest and I have came across Forge Motorsport ones which are a lot cheaper. Are the Forge ones just as good? Also TPI from GNJ and a couple of other branded ones iv seen.

Seen you have Forge ones @MA3RC how are they just the same as any others would be?

Just about to buy spacers but don't know what ones to get. H&R Trak+ seem the best but the dearest and I have came across Forge Motorsport ones which are a lot cheaper. Are the Forge ones just as good? Also TPI from GNJ and a couple of other branded ones iv seen.

Seen you have Forge ones @MA3RC how are they just the same as any others would be?

They're identical to the H&R Trak+ as far as I can see, except the forge one's are black not silver. They're hubcentric as well. Only difference I can see is that you don't get the extended wheel bolts with the Forge ones.

Even so I paid <£100 for all 4 spacers with the bolts as I had the spacers in a sale, compared to the £200 of the H&R

Iv just got the 16mm and 20mm spacers off the forge website for £69 including delivery. Will I need 40mm and 45mm wheel nuts then? Was looking at these ones on eBay
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/111862888429
Same kind for the 45mm ones to

Can I be controversial? Without getting shot at?

I've used spacers in my younger days, but I must say its difficult to spot a car with or without, I wouldn't put any on mine as when I did use them I noticed an increase in paint damage down the side of the car and around the rear bumper, presumably caused by grit being thrown up.

Fair point, I just think it makes the car look that bit better depends how wide of the spacers you put on to notice or not, I just don't like how the wheels sit in.
I managed to get spacers extended nuts and H&R springs all brand new for £260 so can't complain

Reactions: d8ean
Here are some ones from today

2qu21b4.jpg

2nqsl6p.jpg

2r2xgrm.jpg

Reactions: Chris5, Wondering Soul and d8ean