Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Sunvisor For RHD 8V

Next week, I'll receive my new Sportback but I have a question the Handler here in Germany is having trouble with.

It seems the EU Mafia has decided, new cars must be fitted with a pictorial warning, in full and constant view, of the operation and dangers of airbags. My car, being LHD, has this artwork displayed on the right-hand (passenger) sunvisor and the left (driver's side) is clean. My question is: Since UK Audi's are RHD, on which visor are the airbag warning pictures placed - the driver's side (right) or the passenger's side (left)?
    If it is on the left - great. I'll order a right-hand visor for the UK. If, however, your cars also have this printing on the right visor, is it possible, there is another pre-2014 VAG car which uses the same visor as the 8V? Perhaps an 8P? According to ETKA, the A1 visor doesn't work.
    I need one in black - if that makes a difference.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Left in the UK, passenger side. There have been similar discussions here about the same thing, and people have looked into prices etc, but since owning the car, I have not been distracted by them a single time. I don't even notice them when getting in and out the car. I wouldn't worry too much about it!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Its on the left. Fancy a swap?
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

6th Gear

Status
    Ha, that's a good way to do it!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Wait... having thought about that for more than 2 seconds, it's actually a terrible way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Left in the UK, passenger side. There have been similar discussions here about the same thing, and people have looked into prices etc, but since owning the car, I have not been distracted by them a single time. I don't even notice them when getting in and out the car. I wouldn't worry too much about it!
    On my A3, because the roof lining and sun visors are lunar silver, the are much less noticeable. Like you I hardly notice them any more. Even my wife who spends most of her time in the passenger seat when we are out says she doesn't tend to notice it any more either.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Yeh, mine are silver too.

5th Gear

Status
    It's actually a good call, anyone done this? Or are going to do this?

6th Gear

Status
    Can't you just cover it with something?
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Any pictures of this warning as I haven't got my car yet?
    On order [ON WAY TO EMDEN]: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey! Thank you for the rapid responses. You guys are OK.
    It's not the distraction of these warning Visors. I just think they look so typically American and are about as attractive as my ex-mother-in-law in a thong - and she's been dead for two years.
    Anyway, I'll go to the Dealer on Tuesday and order a visor for the UK Market.
    Thanks again.

5th Gear

Status
    Previous thread with part numbers:

LHD Sunblind

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank You