Dodgy fuel cap....

Whits76

Reaction score
Evening all,
first post on here and hopefully I'm not repeating a previous thread... (have looked but can't find the specific answer to my problem)

I've had a S3 sport back for 3mths now and all good though just hit a problem today with the fuel cap..

It won't release so after spending 30mins in the petrol station, locking, unlocking, trying the key route, etc, etc, I have had to head home with the gauge reading an unfortunate 5miles... Need to sort ASAP and I'm trying to avoid the 10mile trip to the local Audi garage tomorrow.

The manual says there should be a manual release mechanism in the rear RHS side trim in the boot but I can't find anything other than wires and the tool kit... Not sure whether this is an S3 quirk or if I'm just missing something.

Its going to cost me a £40 cab fare in the morning if I don't sort it so any help appreciated....

Uploadfromtaptalk1401641903708
This is the manual release

Reactions: mjcourtney and Schizophonic
Also, call out audi assistance, they'll come out to you and sort it out or recover your vehicle to an audi centre tomorrow if it can't be fixed at the roadside

Also, call out audi assistance, they'll come out to you and sort it out or recover your vehicle to an audi centre tomorrow if it can't be fixed at the roadside

Thanks guys. Solenoid must have gone as it doesn't lock now.
least I can get some fuel in though,
cheers