Not long now?

Gazd99

Reaction score
Anyone know how long after car goes into production it is actually built?
Ordered my A3 on the 26th of April and given a build week of 26 (23rd June) got an E-mail from the dealer to say that has gone into production and I cannot change the spec.
Does this mean it will get built sooner than week 26?
At least I know it will be a MY15 car :)

I think you can't make any more changes 4 weeks out from the build week, now that we're in June, what you've spec is locked in.

Aberdeen Audi have the best allocation of any dealer in the UK, so you should it get in pretty quick.

All 3 of mine (from Tony Bourne) have been under 3 months, including the A3 Saloon which was a factory order delivered in 8 weeks.

They are all great at Aberdeen, who was your sales guy?

You're looking at about 3 weeks, based on how long mine took. I collect my S3 on Friday this week. Took just under ten weeks from point I placed the order. I struggle to understand why some people are waiting so long to get their S3... Dealer is sending me a video of the car tomorrow, just to annoy me I think as I can't get it until the end of the week!

Mines build week 26 and I expect to get it mid July.

Calum Gribble, he was quite sure I would get the car in July, quite a difference from VW Aberdeen who were quoting September delivery for a Golf GTI and Mercedes who were minimum 3 months for an A250!!