Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buneet

Thread: How to show Time in between the tacometers?

Reverse Gear

Status

How to show Time in between the tacometers?

Hi guys, I've owned 2 Golfs and a Q5. Tomorrow I'm picking up an A3 sedan. I have this question for a long time and no dealers can answer it. So I'm going to post it here.

162434977.jpg

In our Golfs, the time is always displayed at the top. On my Q5 the top row seems to be reserved for radio only. If the radio is off, it will say "Entertainment off". I've searched through everywhere and there doesn't seem to be an option to display time in between the tacos. The only place that will show time is on the MMI screen.

Is there a way to do it? I always have the MMI screen off fyi. btw, please don't tell me to switch on the MMI screen because that's not what I wanted and I know I can do that. But I want to know if it's possible to have clock in between the tacos.

Thank you so much!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Press the 0.0 button briefly

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Press the 0.0 button briefly
    Does the clock stay permanently and replace the top row?

1st Gear

Status
    You can have the clock on the DIS if you are in the trip computer mode. Very annoying it doesn't display on the bottom line IMHO
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

1st Gear

Status
    One a side note; phwoar! 18°... I wish I could go out and enjoy my car but I'm stuck inside revising. Good luck to anyone else taking exams btw. 👍 the weather is making me very jealous of some people!
    phil1824 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywil13 View Post
    You can have the clock on the DIS if you are in the trip computer mode. Very annoying it doesn't display on the bottom line IMHO
    ok I managed to get the clock to display but it's not really the way I want it. When the clock is being displayed, current speed is not shown. I really wanted digital current speed to be shown.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rambu View Post
    ok I managed to get the clock to display but it's not really the way I want it. When the clock is being displayed, current speed is not shown. I really wanted digital current speed to be shown.
    Yea I don't think you can. Really annoying. I'd rather have the clock displayed instead of outside temperature. I'd rather have temp available only on the MMI screen.

Really annoying as all this would be technically possible if someone at Audi put some thought into things. Maybe they don't want setup being too complicated. Bit like the iPhone/Android differences. IPhone simple to use vs Android with loads of settings
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywil13 View Post
    Yea I don't think you can. Really annoying. I'd rather have the clock displayed instead of outside temperature. I'd rather have temp available only on the MMI screen.

Really annoying as all this would be technically possible if someone at Audi put some thought into things. Maybe they don't want setup being too complicated. Bit like the iPhone/Android differences. IPhone simple to use vs Android with loads of settings
    Agree. As if the outside climate will turn from winter into summer in just one drive.

1st Gear

Status
    Agree. As if the outside climate will turn from winter into summer in just one drive.
    I've started driving with the temperature display showing +14C and finished with it showing -3C! Admittedly I had gained quite a lot of altitude and the snow on the ground was a bit of a giveaway...
    2014 Audi S3 Sportback S-Tronic

5th Gear

Status
    Agree as that is exactly what I wanted - digital speedo and time on the DIS at the same time. Hoping it might be in a software update at some pint as funtionality exists as its possible to display date (which is much less useful than actual time) at same time as digital speedo. someone in the Audi software/coding team dropped a clanger here I think
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.