New S3 Ordered, Roll On November!!

DIY Dave

Reaction score
Hi guys + gals, first post on the forum. Decided to treat myself to a nice new S3 after a test drive on Monday, currently being quoted mid November for delivery but hoping this is a pulled forward.

I went for S tronic sportsback in Sepang blue fitted with: ACC, hill hold, B&O, black styling, comfort pack, auto dimm wing mirror, high beam assist, interior light package, LED headlights, parking plus front + rear with reversing camera, black inlays, privacy glass, non smoking package and tech package.

November can't come quick enough, 169 days and counting!!

Reactions: T-800 and Sandra
Sweeeet! Don't forget the black rails! It will look amazing!

HI Dave, welcome to audi-sport.net and the 8v section, 169 days will fly by quickly, lol. Nice spec on the car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Welcome, that's a very nice spec you have, Sepang Blue seems to be the in colour. Though it is really nice.

Don't forget the red callipers to set it all off?

Thanks for all the nice comments, not a fan of the roof rails so missed them out and actually think the std black brake callipers will look better against the sepang blue, couldn't justify the extra cost anyway.

I have no idea how you cope waiting that long for your car :p

Reactions: The Challinor
posting.. and readng... and posting... and readng... and ... AGHHH I WANT MY CAR.

Oh, you meant The Challinor ;-p

Reactions: s31jay
Wow, I thought I was waiting a long time! Ordered mine (Sepang blue) a week or so ago and currently being told to expect delivery mid-September. Don't think it took that long to buy the house!

You waiting for yours as well?

September. Ordered easter monday at macclesfield. Unfortunately very unresponsive dealer, though great writeups here usually, so probs just me being unlucky.

Still no confirmed BW... ;/

That seems way too long to me. I ordered April 1st and am taking delivery next week. That's 10 weeks. I'd give the dealer a proper kick up the **** if I were you!

Get them to spec-amend an S3 that's already sitting on the Production Plan at the factory and you'll get your S3 in a third of the time they quoted you. That's how I am getting mine within a reasonable time frame. Else, cancel the order and go to a dealer who will do it. Been there, done that!

369 quid for a paint coat on the calipers. Really?

Yes I agree £325 for a coat of red paint is a rip off, but for me I think it'll set my Sepang blue off really nicely. It was a difficult decision but ..........................................................

That seems way too long to me. I ordered April 1st and am taking delivery next week. That's 10 weeks. I'd give the dealer a proper kick up the **** if I were you!

Get them to spec-amend an S3 that's already sitting on the Production Plan at the factory and you'll get your S3 in a third of the time they quoted you. That's how I am getting mine within a reasonable time frame. Else, cancel the order and go to a dealer who will do it. Been there, done that!

In my case it's the exclusive paint that's causing the delay. They do them in batches and the colour I've chosen it's end of Oct batch so no choice in the matter.

That's exactly what I've done, ordered a Sepang SB a couple of weeks ago, build week is 26, hope to get it early July. It was a car already on the plan which I've changed the spec to suit me.

Yep that's a good move. 'Exclusive' paint shouldn't dent the lead time by much if your dealer knows how to work the system. Got a confirmed date to collect mine next week - happy days :arco:

Yep that's a good move. 'Exclusive' paint shouldn't dent the lead time by much if your dealer knows how to work the system. Got a confirmed date to collect mine next week - happy days :arco:

Well simply it does. They are done in batches. World wide all exclusive paints are done at once, it's so they can get a load of a certain colour and do them all at once. Obviously all down to cost on Audi's part. I few people on here have ordered exclusive paint and are looking at a long lead time, usually adds 3 months.

I went for standard paint. Ordered an S3 beginning of March and they said Early august delivery, then the last 3 updates said June 20th, now I got told this week its ready next Thursday. So expect the worst but hope for the best.

I went for standard paint. Ordered an S3 beginning of March and they said Early august delivery, then the last 3 updates said June 20th, now I got told this week its ready next Thursday. So expect the worst but hope for the best.

Music to my ears!

Seriously folks, it is just a car made of metal and plastic, sometimes worries me the way some people appear so excited on here :laugh:
My S3 is being delivered mid to end Aug and I can guarantee mid to late august will come around so kind of ignoring it in the meantime, when I get the car it will used as Audi intended and won't be pampered, probably never washed (the wheels will be washed regularly though :whistle2:) and still expected to be going strong in 5 years.

Seriously folks, it is just a car made of metal and plastic, sometimes worries me the way some people appear so excited on here :laugh:
My S3 is being delivered mid to end Aug and I can guarantee mid to late august will come around so kind of ignoring it in the meantime, when I get the car it will used as Audi intended and won't be pampered, probably never washed (the wheels will be washed regularly though :whistle2:) and still expected to be going strong in 5 years.

But by definition forums such as these are for people who don't treat their car the same as they would their washing machine or lawn mower. We are keen on our cars and that's fine if that floats your boat. I'm sure you're really keen on something which to me would be a big yawn. Enjoy the fact that we're all different!

Reactions: steeve, balsaq and Pulp84
Nice choice I have ordered Sepang Blue with (different options in Australia) Performance Pack includes S seats, red brake calipers, magnetic ride, B&O etc, assistance pack, panoramic sunroof, black pack including roof rails, privacy glass. Due for delivery August but away on hols so will take delivery in September. Cannot wait will post pics then. Thinking of getting wheels sprayed black??

Just received my first update from my dealer to say my car has been brought forward to build week 28!! If all goes to plan it should be with the dealer late August for a 1st September collection. :beerchug:

162 days to go just dropped to 89 days.

Reactions: illingworth22
Just received my first update from my dealer to say my car has been brought forward to build week 28!! If all goes to plan it should be with the dealer late August for a 1st September collection. :beerchug:

162 days to go just dropped to 89 days.

You lucky *** !

What colour have you gone for?
What did they give as the reason?

Each to their own.

Mine will be pampered and fussed over and I'll enjoy every minute of it. It will be run in as per Audi's recommendations etc etc.

Reactions: The Challinor
Each to their own.

Mine will be pampered and fussed over and I'll enjoy every minute of it. It will be run in as per Audi's recommendations etc etc.

I actually enjoy washing, detailing and looking after my car. Even when I ordered new s3 this one still gets all the best treatment.

Reactions: Pulp84
I've ordered an s3 in sepang blue on the 26th of April, still no build date yet but your story sounds promising! Maybe I'll be as lucky as you!!!

Reactions: DIY Dave
Just wanted check as mine is exclusive paint and there is a rumour that they are being pulled forward, alas for now it's still a rumour. Congrats on the move forward though !

Reactions: DIY Dave
Well simply it does. They are done in batches. World wide all exclusive paints are done at once, it's so they can get a load of a certain colour and do them all at once. Obviously all down to cost on Audi's part. I few people on here have ordered exclusive paint and are looking at a long lead time, usually adds 3 months.

I really think it depends what you class as 'exclusive'. If it's just a colour that's available on other models but not the one you are ordering, then sorry, but being told that'll be a few months more wait is rubbish. If the dealer works the system they can pull delivery dates forward, end of. A friend of mine had a TTS in yellow (not an optional colour when he ordered - hence it was exclusive) and that was delivered within 12 weeks of ordering. He was told that it would be about six months because of the paint, then told them to **** off, went to cancel the order... then hey presto the dealer came back with 3 months after spec amending a car already scheduled for production. The real crux of the matter is that most people just accept what they're told by the dealer and why would they go to the trouble of jumping the production plan when they can get away without doing that. Just look at how long people are waiting for standard paint cars... laughable really. My S3 was ordered on the 01/04/2014. The dealer spec amended a car already on the plan for me, which is why I am collecting my car tomorrow :racer:

I really think it depends what you class as 'exclusive'. If it's just a colour that's available on other models but not the one you are ordering, then sorry, but being told that'll be a few months more wait is rubbish. If the dealer works the system they can pull delivery dates forward, end of. A friend of mine had a TTS in yellow (not an optional colour when he ordered - hence it was exclusive) and that was delivered within 12 weeks of ordering. He was told that it would be about six months because of the paint, then told them to **** off, went to cancel the order... then hey presto the dealer came back with 3 months after spec amending a car already scheduled for production. The real crux of the matter is that most people just accept what they're told by the dealer and why would they go to the trouble of jumping the production plan when they can get away without doing that. Just look at how long people are waiting for standard paint cars... laughable really. My S3 was ordered on the 01/04/2014. The dealer spec amended a car already on the plan for me, which is why I am collecting my car tomorrow :racer:

Agree with all your comments, when I say it's exclusive, it's exclusive - never been offered on a car as standard to my knowledge.

P.S. Chill man.