Optional Equipment Codes ID

ChrisJay

Reaction score
Hi,

Are any of you kind souls out there familiar with the optional equipment codes that are printed inside the front cover of the Service Schedule booklet?

The reason being I think my spec may be very slightly wrong, and need to see what's mentioned in the booklet first.

The attached pic is from my booklet, can anyone tell what kind of cruise control is mentioned?

Thanks loads in advance,

Chris.
3ypuqaja.jpg

8T2 is the standard type cruise control and PCG is the adaptive cruise.

Cheers Fellas,

That Decoder's superb!! I've put all the codes mentioned on mine but no mention of the cruise...

The reason I'm needing to find out is I specified standard cruise control as part of the Comfort Pack, but now it's been delivered it's got ACC (which I've not been charged for).

Guess I'm a lucky boy!! Just thought surely it should mention somewhere in the documentation that it has ACC, but there's no reference to it.

Useful tool, but odd that the book doesn't list all the options - eg my car has heated seats, cruise control and magnetic ride, but none of those show up on the codes printed in the service book.

Useful tool, but odd that the book doesn't list all the options - eg my car has heated seats, cruise control and magnetic ride, but none of those show up on the codes printed in the service book.

It is weird, only about half mine are printed in the service book too. It must be stated somewhere but I'm blown if I can find it!!

If you register at my.audi.com, the full car configuration is then available to you, decoded from the VIN.

Which brings up a couple of questions when I look at mine...

Fuel Quality: 98RON - I do tend to use Shell V-Power (or whatever it is called this week) anyway, but this suggests that I ought to be using it regardless?

Start/stop system with regenerative braking - regenerating what and to where?

During coasting or braking, it temporarily increases the charge voltage of the alternator to boost the battery charge (assuming it needs it), then during the subsequent acceleration phase, it draws its current needs back out of the battery, temporarily de-coupling the alternator of its mechanical duties.

They reckon they achieve 3% better fuel economy with this system. Oh, and it's an AGM battery.

Reactions: steverobertsbbc
If you register at my.audi.com, the full car configuration is then available to you, decoded from the VIN.

Which brings up a couple of questions when I look at mine...

Fuel Quality: 98RON - I do tend to use Shell V-Power (or whatever it is called this week) anyway, but this suggests that I ought to be using it regardless?

Start/stop system with regenerative braking - regenerating what and to where?

Thanks for that, I've just checked on there and it has the ACC on there. Still, they've not charged me so guess I'm just lucky with that one.

Cheers

What about the sticker in the boot. Usually in the spare wheel well?

What about the sticker in the boot. Usually in the spare wheel well?

I'll have a check of that tomorrow, thanks for the tip off!!

Another thing I've noticed is that the sensor plate of the ACC is exposed, and doesn't have any glass cover or bulb over it or anything. If I call into a local dealer would they simply attach the standard covering for me? I guess it just clips on to protect it.

I think you'll find that recent models only have a flat plate not a bulb...

Ah ok, I hadn't realised that. Thanks for that.

It's an impressive system, performs brilliantly on the first couple of outings.

Cheers, Chris.

Re the ACC Radar Sensor, Flat plate vs Dome,

Have a read of this thread, and please contribute your findings on there!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/204453-missing-radar-detector-thingy.html

Cheers for the link to that thread, seems like the bulb cover look has been replaced but Audi were running stocks down so owners were getting either up to a point.

I must admit the bulb looks better IMHO, as the plate I have looks a wee bit unfinished. I think it needs a surround to give it that more polished look.

Still, mustn't grumble, it works a treat!!