New A3 Configurator Image - 1.4 TFSI with single exhaust?

Stephen C

Reaction score
I hope this is just a glitch, as it looks terrible with a single exhaust. Only the 1.6 TDI and 1.2TFSI had this previously.

KwCgvh5.png

Edit: from the latest Pricing and Specification Guide: "Exhaust tailpipe – single tailpipe on 1.2 TFSI and 1.6 TDI, double tailpipes on the left on all other engines." So presumably, this is a mistake on the website.

Last edited:
I was looking at it on my phone so I guess it wasn't clear, but it doesn't look like my sline rear bumper. It is missing the red reflectors for a start. I've just run the configurator and this is what I got:

I was looking at it on my phone so I guess it wasn't clear, but it doesn't look like my sline rear bumper. It is missing the red reflectors for a start. I've just run the configurator and this is what I got:

I think those red reflectors are only for the saloon. I haven't seen those on a Sportback.

I do hope it is a **** up on the configuration page as I ordered at 1.4 cod a few weeks ago and will be a little peed off as the twin exhaust looks so much better than the single.....Fingers crossed!!!

Audi configurator is a pile of ****e tbh. There are quite a lot of mistakes when you start looking in more detail.

I do hope it is a **** up on the configuration page as I ordered at 1.4 cod a few weeks ago and will be a little peed off as the twin exhaust looks so much better than the single.....Fingers crossed!!!
The single exhaust wouldnt bother me in the slightest,my friends 64 plate bmw 320 m sport has a single tail pipe.......

The single exhaust wouldnt bother me in the slightest,my friends 64 plate bmw 320 m sport has a single tail pipe.......

The thin Audi pipe looks a little more awkward than the BMW M sport one, though.

Bmw 320d m sport 5229764 3

Personally, I wish the two were symmetrical with one on either side like you have with the S and RS models. Maybe I care about the aesthetics too much!

....his tail pipe is round not oval,the single tail pipe on the A3 looks fine with the sport tail pipe trim,it increases the diameter a bit,but the tail pipe is quite large anyway,its not a small pipe.