Badger5AH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Thumbs down New A3 Configurator Image - 1.4 TFSI with single exhaust?

I hope this is just a glitch, as it looks terrible with a single exhaust. Only the 1.6 TDI and 1.2TFSI had this previously.

Edit: from the latest Pricing and Specification Guide: "Exhaust tailpipe – single tailpipe on 1.2 TFSI and 1.6 TDI, double tailpipes on the left on all other engines." So presumably, this is a mistake on the website.
    Last edited by Stephen C; 24th May 2014 at 13:50.
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Not even sure thats a sline by the rear valance...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Not even sure thats a sline by the rear valance...
    It has the S line diffuser if you look closely!
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

6th Gear

Status
    I was looking at it on my phone so I guess it wasn't clear, but it doesn't look like my sline rear bumper. It is missing the red reflectors for a start. I've just run the configurator and this is what I got:

Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    I was looking at it on my phone so I guess it wasn't clear, but it doesn't look like my sline rear bumper. It is missing the red reflectors for a start. I've just run the configurator and this is what I got:
    I think those red reflectors are only for the saloon. I haven't seen those on a Sportback.

6th Gear

Status
    You are correct, looks like a configurator cockup then...

Reverse Gear

Status
    I do hope it is a cock up on the configuration page as I ordered at 1.4 cod a few weeks ago and will be a little peed off as the twin exhaust looks so much better than the single.....Fingers crossed!!!
    On order - A3 Sportback S Line 1.4 TFSI 150 COD S Tronic - Daytona, Privacy glass, Audi Sound System, Comfort Package, Xenon Light Package iwth Adaptive Headlights, Electric Lumbar Support and Electric Folding Door Mirrors.. Cannot wait for it's arrival!!!! hurry up August!!!!!

Meow.

Status
    Audi configurator is a pile of ****e tbh. There are quite a lot of mistakes when you start looking in more detail.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFinger View Post
    I do hope it is a cock up on the configuration page as I ordered at 1.4 cod a few weeks ago and will be a little peed off as the twin exhaust looks so much better than the single.....Fingers crossed!!!
    The single exhaust wouldnt bother me in the slightest,my friends 64 plate bmw 320 m sport has a single tail pipe.......

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by holly35 View Post
    The single exhaust wouldnt bother me in the slightest,my friends 64 plate bmw 320 m sport has a single tail pipe.......
    The thin Audi pipe looks a little more awkward than the BMW M sport one, though.

bmw-320d-m-sport-5229764-3.jpg

Personally, I wish the two were symmetrical with one on either side like you have with the S and RS models. Maybe I care about the aesthetics too much!

1st Gear

Status
    ....his tail pipe is round not oval,the single tail pipe on the A3 looks fine with the sport tail pipe trim,it increases the diameter a bit,but the tail pipe is quite large anyway,its not a small pipe.