Newbie but S3 delivered next month!

Dazs87

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Newbie here.

I used to have a 2.0T sline A3 from new (57reg) and mistakingly moved over to a 2012 VW touareg. Although I do enjoy the touareg, my heart has always been with the A3.

I have now ordered a brand new S3 sportback in black, S tronic, tech pack, comfort pack, B&O sound, privacy glass and front and rear sensors. And I'm getting it by the end of next month! Sufficed to say, I'm super duper excited.

I know I'm going to have my head bitten off when I ask about fuel efficiency, but I'm going to do it anyway.
What kind of range am I likely to get? In my touareg from a full tank circa £107ish I get around 460miles ish til empty. My old a3 full tank I used to get about 300 miles. So the two cars are similar in running costs.

The figures for the new S3 are booking at around 40mpg which I know I'd never get, but I want to know, real world figures, what kind of range will I get out of the new car? Not a read out on the display, but actual full tank to empty numbers. I know it all depends on how you drive, but I'm just after an overall average - bit of fun, bit of sensible, bit of motorway... Can anyone help me out!

I'll be sure to post pics when I get it and tell you what I think of it!!

Thanks in advance :)

I had an 8P 2.0T and the S3 is better on the fuel given the same style of driving, despite being a lot faster. You're probably looking at about 300-350 miles given your numbers for the other two cars, but consider that the tank isn't that big, a full tank from empty to brim is about £70, so expect to pay about £65 from the fuel warning light to the top.

Like all cars it's going to depend on how you drive it.

But welcome to the Forum, look forward to seeing some pictures.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. As long as I'm in that 300mile range or so it's absolutely perfect. Absolutely buzzing, should be here by the end of next month!!

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x