Dilemma

geefunk1978

Reaction score
Website
www.gtdesignsolutions.com
So the door rattle has come back again and my start/stop seems to have packed in, again. So a trip to the stealer is imminent.
Now, do I remove the tuning box before I take it in or not?! Don't want them to turn around and say "sorry your car warranty is void" or do you think they'd even notice?

To be honest the start/stop is not a massive issue but the rattle is ****** annoying. At least I know what it is this time and I'm going to take it back to the same dealer as last time. There's no hiding the Milltek tho so surely the tuning box won't make a difference.

That's the main plus point of the MTM box, 20 second to remove it. No tools, no getting under car etc.

Yes definitely, get it removed. Don't give them an opportunity to stick you with a big bill!!!

Yeh I agree just take off the box and fit the blanking plug, that'll put it back to standard. That's what I did with my TT when it went in to audi, as long as your wiring is neatly done they won't notice. They probably won't even open the bonnet!

If you were just taking it in for the rattle then blanking plug would be fine. If they are going to look at the stop/start I'd remove the lot.

Pretty tricky removing the entire turbo back exhaust system!!
Might just live with start/stop and send it in for rattle as is. Be interesting to see what they say!

Pretty tricky removing the entire turbo back exhaust system!!
Might just live with start/stop and send it in for rattle as is. Be interesting to see what they say!

You do realise you have your number plate on this forum and if an employee from an Audi garage was to see it then they'd know you've tampered with the car? :)