Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By andywil13
  • 1 Post By cemerson
  • 1 Post By mjcourtney
  • 1 Post By Foshiznik
  • 1 Post By andywil13
  • 1 Post By veeeight
  • 1 Post By James Chr

Thread: FAO those who already have their shiny new cars!

Neutral

Status

FAO those who already have their shiny new cars!

Hi all, first thread from me, so go easy on me!

I have searched this topic, but can't find any relevant information.

Does the car come with SD cards included? I have gone for the Tech pack, so know i won't have the SD Card for the sat nav, but do you receive cards with the car or are they to be bought separately? If they do, what size are they?

Thanks!
    Current car - 09 plate - Audi A3 (8p) 140 TDI Black Edition - Misano Red
    Ordered - Audi A3 (8v) 2.0 TDI S-Line - BW27 - 1 Sep 14 pick up - Daytona Grey - Tech pack High w/ Phone prep, B&O sound system and Interior lighting pack - S-Line Suspension

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Foshiznik likes this.
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

4th Gear

Status
    No SD cards are provided, you need to buy your own........................

I think there's a max size specified in the handbook, but I used 16gb in mine.
    Steeve

6th Gear

Status
    No SD cards provided. Since you have the tech pack, the nav is all HDD based, so no SD card for that either.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    They don't come with sd cards unless you but the sd card maps. They just take normal sd cards
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

Neutral

Status
    Nice one. Thanks guys. I believe that you can use up to a 1tb SD card x 2 but they are going for about £350!

andywil13 - What is the CD slot for?
    Ordered - Audi A3 (8v) 2.0 TDI S-Line - BW27 - 1 Sep 14 pick up - Daytona Grey - Tech pack High w/ Phone prep, B&O sound system and Interior lighting pack - S-Line Suspension

6th Gear

Status
    CDs!
    s3saloon likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Foshiznik View Post
    Nice one. Thanks guys. I believe that you can use up to a 1tb SD card x 2 but they are going for about £350!

CDs....
    s3saloon likes this.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Now i look silly...

I just guessed that would be on the dash, but having thought back to the test drive, I didn't notice a CD slot!
    mjcourtney likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    It's good, I like it hidden away like that, especially as I don't use CDs any more anyway (not since my last 2 cars have had MP3 support via USB or SD card!)

BGS
    1st Gear

Status
    Or DVD's
    A3 1.4tfsi CoD Saloon Stron Sline - Misano Red & 19's
    Advanced Key, Mag Ride, Parking Plus, B&O Sound, Driver Assist Pack, Extended Mono Interior, Super Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Int Lighting, LED Headlights, Prog Steering, Reversing Cam, Tech Pack - High.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BGS View Post
    Or DVD's
    ive watched Act of Valor in my car with the B&O - sounds amazing

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywil13 View Post
    ive watched Act of Valor in my car with the B&O - sounds amazing
    I assume this was with the car stationary but the engine running for nearly 2 hours?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RossR View Post
    I assume this was with the car stationary but the engine running for nearly 2 hours?
    You don't need the engine running. Just ignition on. Only watched the first scene where all the action starts, sounds amazing when bullets fly past into the back of the car
    s3saloon likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywil13 View Post
    You don't need the engine running. Just ignition on. Only watched the first scene where all the action starts, sounds amazing when bullets fly past into the back of the car
    You'd need the engine on if you were going to watch a full movie though.

I've got the tech pack but DVD playback still seem a bit of a gimmick to me. Good fun for a few minutes, but not useful in the long run. Also, most of my best "demo" movies are on bluray.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    It's good, I like it hidden away like that, especially as I don't use CDs any more anyway (not since my last 2 cars have had MP3 support via USB or SD card!)
    It is good that it is hidden but it isn't good that it robs more space from the meagre amount of storage in the A3. They could have put it under a seat of even a multiplayer in the boot...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Foshiznik View Post

My handbook says 64 GB max, I wouldn't rush out and buy those 1 TB cards just yet...
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

5th Gear

Status
    These work well, will play H.264 720 HD video from the card
    Class10 or UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) @ 10MB/s (min)

Last edited by veeeight; 13th May 2014 at 07:10.
    Foshiznik likes this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibble View Post
    My handbook says 64 GB max, I wouldn't rush out and buy those 1 TB cards just yet...
    I have a 128 gb card and it works just fine.
    Foshiznik likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I haven't specced the Technology Pack, does the standard setup have 2x SD Card slots available for media or will one be taken if you add SD Card Sat Nav?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinbanshee View Post
    I haven't specced the Technology Pack, does the standard setup have 2x SD Card slots available for media or will one be taken if you add SD Card Sat Nav?
    I believe that if you spec SD navigation one slot will be taken by the nav SD card.
    Collection 4 August: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by glospete View Post
    I believe that if you spec SD navigation one slot will be taken by the nav SD card.
    Can you use both slots for maps?

1st Gear

Status
    Not as far as I know but I can't be sure.
    Collection 4 August: Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Storage, No-smoking, Black styling, Driver Assistance including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, 5 year warranty, Folding & heated door mirrors, Electric lumbar support, Extended mono.pur, Heated seats, Hold assist, Privacy glass.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks, I'll just buy one SD Card then.