Someone dinged the passenger door!

Migwire

Reaction score
At work today some ignorant soul has hit the passenger door, right on the swage line, slightly denting the door but also chipping the paint right down to the primer. :(

What's the best way to repair this please? Was thinking maybe a touch up kit, but it's quite noticeable at the side of the car as it's right on the swage line. Ever so annoying on a car barely two months old.

Find out who did it and make them pay for a proper repair

Some people have no morales

Reactions: Migwire
I feel for you. Horrible.

The swage line on the A3 is extraordinarily sharp and pronounced, much more acute than any other car I've seen.

Folk who machine polish really need to take care around this area.

gutted for you,can't believe someone at your work place would do that and not tell you. scum!!!

Reactions: chute1860
I had the exact same mate, right on the line of the drivers door. Was sat it the car when the guy did it! Cost £600 to get it right (including pushing/filling dint, blending rear door and front wing), Cant see it at all now, even under a sun gun.

That's tragic, people in general are just not bothered how they park or how they open their doors. Careful parking can only help a small amount.

I would go to the Dealer or a classic body shop.

In all honesty it's not that big a chip, maybe 3mmx2mm. But being right on the swage line it's quite noticeable.

Mine as about 1mm x 2mm, But on a 3 week old car no chance I was leaving it!

Reactions: Migwire
Shame its chipped, you won't be able to use a PDR on it without having the chip done too, get the dent pulled out and then have a decent smart repairer sort the chip out? probably the cheapest way!

These thoughtless idiots really make me furious... Ok, so they may not care about their own cars but they should show some respect for other peoples' (valuable) possessions... I really feel for you. I am paranoid about it happening to mine...