Devastated

ivicyrusivi

Reaction score
Ok maybe a little exaggeration, but my s3 is 6 days old, and 370 miles later I've managed to almost run out of fuel, get a parking ticket and just today, I curbed my rear passenger side alloy... Around 3" long bahhhhhh.

The rash is right on the diamond cut surface of the C0Z alloys so not as bad as hitting the grey, but still! I very rarely screw up on parking.... And to think i was gonna go for some alloygators just incase :( - think imma get some fitted this weekend, will cover up most of the rash from my booboo!

Anyone else fitted alloy protection?

Other than the above... I'm loving it! And for those who maybe sitting on the fence... SS seats are beautiful and very comfortable! Only annoying thing with them is worrying everytime someone gets in and sits on the side bolsters - I think I need to chill some lol

Here's a lil panther goodness from the recent sun! (Hard to get a decent picture to catch all the colours) - excuse the dirt :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399413509580190

Ouch!
Curbing is always the most painful as you'd alway almost be there when it happens. Experience the noise and sensation of your pristine mag getting violated... I should stop. Worst of all, it almost always your fault (in my case anyway)
However, it sounds like a minor enough to be covered up nicely.
Quick question: the super quilted sport seats don't come with electronic adjustment in Europe, do they?

No tickets, parking or speeding, touch wood, fear for later. Petrol tank is small, regular Shell V power top ups.

Alloys kerbed afraid so, downside of low profile tyres, similar to you on rear. Yes annoying, I knew it would only be a matter of time despite taking extra care, does anyone ever manage to keep a car with perfect alloys? I'll live with it for now tho' and wait for much worse to all 4 alloys then get done when they are matching! Maybe a new set of alloys to give winter / summer tyre options.

Shame the S3 doesn't have a full alloy spare like ex a4 avant - worst one lived in boot :)

Ivicyrusivi,

Fair handle you have there. Absolutely gutted for you on the alloy accident, nothing worse. Did not take the alloy cover either, think I will now go and check out those gator rims....
nice to hear you are enjoying the car all the same, takes away all the pain and helps you forget whilst your in the car at least, nice colours coming through on the panther black.

Ouch!
Curbing is always the most painful as you'd alway almost be there when it happens. Experience the noise and sensation of your pristine mag getting violated... I should stop. Worst of all, it almost always your fault (in my case anyway)
However, it sounds like a minor enough to be covered up nicely.
Quick question: the super quilted sport seats don't come with electronic adjustment in Europe, do they?

oh it's definitely my fault, was more concentrating on whether i was in a fricken parking bay (thought i was totally parallel to curb).

As for the seats, no electronic adjustments (apart from lumber) but to be honest, unless you share your car, seat position is rarely touched, so to me at least, no biggy

No tickets, parking or speeding, touch wood, fear for later. Petrol tank is small, regular Shell V power top ups.

Alloys kerbed afraid so, downside of low profile tyres, similar to you on rear. Yes annoying, I knew it would only be a matter of time despite taking extra care, does anyone ever manage to keep a car with perfect alloys? I'll live with it for now tho' and wait for much worse to all 4 alloys then get done when they are matching! Maybe a new set of alloys to give winter / summer tyre options.

Shame the S3 doesn't have a full alloy spare like ex a4 avant - worst one lived in boot :)

My parking ticket was for forgetting to put up my temporary issued permit (whilst i wait for the real one to come through the post) gutted on that one. Unfortunately with diamond cut alloys, i read you can only get them repaired a few times and that's it, so yes, won't bother getting it repaired yet

Ivicyrusivi,

Fair handle you have there. Absolutely gutted for you on the alloy accident, nothing worse. Did not take the alloy cover either, think I will now go and check out those gator rims....
nice to hear you are enjoying the car all the same, takes away all the pain and helps you forget whilst your in the car at least, nice colours coming through on the panther black.

I was tempted by alloy cover, but the small print on most of the deals out there say that it doesn't cover diamond cut wheels - so rules that out. Looks like the gators should cover all or most of the damage that's there.

The local Audi branch actually fit them, so waiting to hear back with a quote, the product itself is only £60. Normally i'd be happy to fit them myself, except don't fancy jacking up the car if i don't have to and seeing as it fits between the rim and tyre itself and with all the liner cracking that seems to be happening :) - we'll see what their quote says :)

BUT YES, the panther made me smile in the sun... glad i went for it :) had a quite a few questions on the paint so far

sorry not liner... the under seal stuff. Theres a couple of threads on here about it.

My missis curbed my Cayman S the day after we took delivery of it. She's paid for that one in so many ways! Feel for ya bud.

I was a about millimetre away form scratching my front O/S alloy today, but my last car had marks on three wheels and fourth untouched. My partner's last car that was three years old had none and the alloys were perfect. Her year old car just the same...

Sh*t happens I guess :( just wish she was unharmed a little longer lol

Right got a quote from Audi to do the protectors for £150... So £90 labour. Think I'll go for it for piece of mind as I've also read that it can cause slow leaks due to the close proximity to the tyre bead (if not done right). Will go for silver I think... Makes alloy look more original and also slightly bigger apparently - can't be a bad thing :)

Will post some pictures when I get them on (hopefully this week), and after a clean

Ahh ok, your links not working but I'll have a quick google. Yeah they fit more securely than some others that just stick on.