So annoyed!

Dylock

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to do my best at not swearing but trust me it's not easy. I picked my new estoril blue s3 up 2 days ago and already someone has keyed it.

I'm so angry! It is not a little one either, it does the whole length of the car! 80% or it is not deep but I'm unsure if it will buff out. The worst bit is in two places where for about 3 inches on each it has gone all the way through the paint.

Any idea what this is going to consist of? Can a smart repair do it?

I appreciate your replies.

Man! That's such bad luck. Hope it polishes out ok or insurance will cover it. Sometimes you just feel so let down by human nature. My suggestion? Get in it and drive! Dynamic mode windows down foot to the floor

Guuted for you mate. Unfortunately there are some jealous little ****'s in the world.

AFAIK the rule on smart repair is generally any area less than an A4 piece of paper.
Best to get some quality products on there and see how it looks after that.

It's hard to drive and enjoy when I know that's on the side of it :( I got the minor damage repair which will do 15cm diameter so that will cover the 2 deep parts. I'm just sure the rest won't all polish out. Insurance has £500 excess :(

That's horrible. :( a month after I got my a3 someone threw a bottle on my bonnet and because it was a double fronted (or something like like) aluminium bonnet it wasn't a straight forward repair. Annoys me to no end.
Probably best to take a look with a polisher and see the results but unfortunately I don't think you will ever get the standard look unless you do a respray.

I don't understand why little f****rs feel the need to vandalize other peoples property.

Take it to a detailers and the will hopefully be able to do something with it if it's not to deep.

Worst thing is the will probably be back to do it again.

If I catch anyone trying to vandalize my car I will beat them to death with there own shoe.

Where was it parked when this happened? I can count on one hand how many people I know that this happened too - hope it wasn't someone with a grudge etc.

Feel so angry for you!

I was at sainsburys, I spoke to them and cause I parked at far end of car park there is not good enough CCTV down there. I always park far away to avoid door dings. I'm so gutted and tbh need to get it back to 100% or I will always know it's there. I guess a respray is only way to go :(

I feel for you mate!! :( I had my TT vandalised twice, A5 twice as well- all keyings. They ended up arresting a group of youth which were keying loads around our area

If u ask around u can get it done for less, but it's a real frustration - I put one of mine through insurance (others myself or with company cost centre)- u need to find out how much it is first- vandalism doesn't add that much to ur insurance, and also most claims don't affect no claims on a lot of policies these days. Obvs if u start claiming loads then it costs more

I was at sainsburys, I spoke to them and cause I parked at far end of car park there is not good enough CCTV down there. I always park far away to avoid door dings. I'm so gutted and tbh need to get it back to 100% or I will always know it's there. I guess a respray is only way to go :(

Yep I'd be the same and the £££ doesn't really come in to it if you can't live with it. Had so similar happen to me a few years a go in my Golf GTI but was caused by driving near a hedge and some super sharp brambles.

I managed to get a fair amount out with Meguiars scratch X but it was always there. Picked bodyshop carefully and the job was excellent. Wasn't cheap £500 for three panels - I guess your main issue will be colour matching. If you get a good bodyshop they will blend it in with the other paint no issue. If you claim on your insurance make sure you can have a say where it gets repaired.

Other solution is to machine polish the scratch as best as possible which will take the edge off it in terms of clear coat and chipex the rest if it's a fairly small scratch (say few CM's). Very good stuff - Car touch up paint - colour match guaranteed

Reactions: m0sbf
***! :(

Can you feel the light scratches?

If you can feel them, they won't polish out

Any pictures?

I've detailed some rly bad scratches and they've come out ok, get the autofinesse paint correction system and give it a go, obviously where it's through the paint get your scratch care to sort that but just do as much as you can yourself

Ok I'm going to do my best at not swearing but trust me it's not easy. I picked my new estoril blue s3 up 2 days ago and already someone has keyed it

I appreciate your replies.

Feel so sorry for you. The people who do these things are low-life cretins who deserve to be beaten. It is a failure of our justice system that they seem to continually get away with a warning and told not to do it again.

I had a few noticeable scratches on my car and removed them with a combination of T-Cut and Auto Glym Super Resin Polish. This was very effective. You have to be a bit careful with the T-Cut, so don't apply lots of pressure if you use it and use a rotary polishing motion.

I spoke to a man in the know yesterday and most of it is too bad to polish out :( I do tend to agree with him. I'll try to get photos tonight if I get home before dark.

I really am gutted for you.
Dylock, ask Sainsbury's who owns the car park. I know most of the car parks are owned and maintained by 3rd party companies who run their own surveillance cctv. Might be worth a punt.

Ok great, I'll look into that. You would think they would mention that. I'm not holding my breath though :(

Which Sainsburys did this happen in out of interest?

I feel your pain mate. 3 weeks in someone opened a door on mine. Putting a huge dint and taking paint off. I needed the whole side of the car painted/bleaded. Looks perfect again now though.

That's just tragic, the shine (sorry for the pun but it wasn't intended) of having a new car is completely ruined.
I hope you get it sorted, sounds like a complete side respray to me if you don't want odd shades on the side of your car.

Been there so can sympathise. 3rd day of my first new S3 ownership in 2007 someone decided my bonnet would look better with some key marks on it. Thankfully that was just one panel to fix, but really feel your pain as when you have something new and pristine you want to try and keep it that way.

I keep my fingers tightly crossed that what goes around comes around as for all the thousands of CCTV cameras in this country no one EVER gets caught, held to account etc. Such a shame for you.

[

Last edited:
Reactions: chute1860 and Trickydicky2
Dylock. Really gutted for you.

I see these threads and just can't understand why people deliberately vandalise someone else's property as they'd be shouting if someone did it to them. Two days into ownership: that just rubs salt into the wound.

Hope you get it fixed and then manage to forget about it and enjoy your new car.

John.

Apologies for any offence caused with my post. Just having twice on separate occasions being victim to such wanton vandalism, one which cost £7000 to repair, I do kind of have little sympathy towards anyone who does this. Maybe my twisted/sick nature shone through a little too much. Again, I apologise!

Reactions: warren_S5
Kept reading and re-reading this thread and just did not know what to write in order to provide some kind of support..................just completely gutted for you.

I hope it does all get sorted soon and you can regain the joy of driving a beautiful car.

It has taken away the want to drive it which is the worst thing, well and the cost obviously. I don't expect they will get caught and as mentioned if they did nothing will ever come of it to help it get fixed.

Thank you all for your support. It really helps to hear from people that understand the pain.

Kept reading and re-reading this thread and just did not know what to write in order to provide some kind of support..................just completely gutted for you.

I hope it does all get sorted soon and you can regain the joy of driving a beautiful car.

Plus 1.

The most cowardly act of jealousy which is categorically inexcusable.

Hope that this is a one off event and that you don't have to endure such unnecessary frustration, inconvenience and injustice.

I can't begin to comprehend your current thoughts and feelings at the situation but just reading your original post made me feel sick.

Thoughts with you mate. Hope you get her sorted asap.

Reactions: Joetidman
Pure scum

Just try and make yourself feel better knowing that their life is clearly a lot less successful than yours and they've done what they've done out of pure jealousy.

Your car will be fixed. Their life will always be sh*t!

Reactions: Foshiznik, jimojameso, RossR and 3 others
Apologies for any offence caused with my post. Just having twice on separate occasions being victim to such wanton vandalism, one which cost £7000 to repair, I do kind of have little sympathy towards anyone who does this. Maybe my twisted/sick nature shone through a little too much. Again, I apologise!

Thanks, however I would point out that the idiots family didn't actually damage your car. Now had you suggested that hellfire and brimstone should rain down on the perpetrator then I could understand and to a certain extent agree.

Thank you for editing your post.

Reactions: Migwire
I had a previous car keyed (the one in my avatar). On the same day we had a water leak in our new home which had just been renovated. The damage to the house was thousands. A bad day, but life goes on.
Anyone who keys a car is unlikely to ever own a similar vehicle. In my case it wasn't even an expensive car!

Reactions: Soulboy
That is bad news...... And I would be so annoyed.
I have had similar happen to me.

Just remember. You are where you are. Bite the bullet (get it sorted however you do it) and move on.
Nobody is dead or injured.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Gutted to hear about this! Be careful if you go for a smart repair though. I've just had one done, he did a fantastic job but he was very defensive about his work, I'm super picky and couldn't really pick fault with what he had done, but he said someone picky shouldn't really have a smart repair done. He made a comment that smart repairs are supposed to look good from 3ft away not unclose with a magnifying glass lol.

I think on a 30K + brand new car its probably best to bite the bullet and have it done by a reputable body shop or an Audi approved one. I know what you mean about it taking the shine off the drive of the car, but once its repaired you'll forget about it and love it again!!

Gutted to hear about this! Be careful if you go for a smart repair though. I've just had one done, he did a fantastic job but he was very defensive about his work, I'm super picky and couldn't really pick fault with what he had done, but he said someone picky shouldn't really have a smart repair done. He made a comment that smart repairs are supposed to look good from 3ft away not unclose with a magnifying glass lol.

I think on a 30K + brand new car its probably best to bite the bullet and have it done by a reputable body shop or an Audi approved one. I know what you mean about it taking the shine off the drive of the car, but once its repaired you'll forget about it and love it again!!

Need to get an official quote but without looking at it my dealer reckons £750, that's to have the affected panels resprayed. I appreciate your remarks about the smart repair, I had considered it but don't want to risk it not being 100% perfect so the expensive route it is.

Need to get an official quote but without looking at it my dealer reckons £750, that's to have the affected panels resprayed. I appreciate your remarks about the smart repair, I had considered it but don't want to risk it not being 100% perfect so the expensive route it is.

Audi quoted me £450 to repair and spray my bonnet, a body shop I've used for a while but also does insurance jobs did it for £170. Best taking a look around or ask your local Audi what company they use to spray it, that is if they don't do it themselves. The lad at Liverpool Audi gave me the number of the company they use for their resprays and it was cheaper than their quote.

Think that's your best option. I personally wouldn't go down the insurance route unless your policy lets you go to a bodyshop of your choice.

As others say, choose your bodyshop wisely - don't rush in to it. I did this years ago with a VW dealership and they had three attempts at colour match on silver paint to repair a damaged door. In the end painted three panels and struggled to blend it. Apparently they were a amateurs as they didn't turn the spray gun pressure down to do the blending. Little details it seems.

Anyone in the Sussex area recommend a paint shop for Dylock? Recommendations always best in my book with these things. :sos:

I love this forum, always understanding and full or knowledge.

Fortunately I have a friend that works for Audi, they have a body shop that they use for their expensive cars like r8 ect. We are going there tomorrow to get a quote and I can check it out ;) fingers crossed.

Reactions: Foshiznik
I hope you get it sorted.........

Steve