MMI Queries

TJM22

Reaction score
Getting used to my A3 now but 2 things I have found are bugging me.

1st is there a way of setting the car to use the 'memory' setting on the DIS as default? It keeps defaulting to DAB in general.

2nd the iPod, it seems to continue playing when I have turned the car off, next time I get in the car it is further along the playlist.

Also not MMI but the kerb drop function on the passenger side mirror, how is that set up?

Thanks

Last edited:
Passenger side mirror is set using VCDS (or a friendly dealer).

[52] DOOR ELECTRONICS, PASSENGER

Passenger-side mirror lowering when reversing - TESTED AUDI A3 1.2T ‘13
--------------------
[52] Door electronics, passenger -> Long coding -> Byte 04
CHANGE: Enable Bits 2 and 3

I don't have an iPod, so I can't assist with that.

I haven't noticed what the DIS defaults to. I'll check next time I'm in the car.

The kerb drop is setup quite easy. Pop the car into reverse and move the window selector to the right hand side one. Angle it the way you want, then its done. When you move away in a forward gear the mirror will reset, and in reverse it will drop. Moving the selector off the right hand mirror setting will disable it.

Thanks for the replies. I have worked out kerb drop. It was already activated so either dealer done it as part of PDI or it comes from factory like it now?

Also worked out the DAB part, you need to select it on the mmi first in 'memory' mode.

Still not sure about the iPod continuing to play.

Also is there a way of setting the volume of the car when you first turn it on, a default setting? I have looked through the mmi manual but can't find it, nor can I on the car.

Thanks

Passenger mirror drop on selecting reverse is standard with electric folding door mirror option...

Also worked out the DAB part, you need to select it on the mmi first in 'memory' mode.

Exactly where did you set this? I only found this in the DIS but it doesn't stay as default for me.

It seems to stay default after I have selected it using mmi wheel. I can then flick between stations using the volume control in the middle

Not sure, think I had to redo it this morning

Sorry to hijack this thread, but wonder if anyone can help me with this MMI problem.

I have transferred my music to a SD card, using different folders, but when I select the random play option for the folder being played, and then switch to playing a CD, and then change back to the SD card, the random play option has been 'unchecked', which is really annoying.

Has anyone else experienced the same, and is there any way I can 'save' the random play option when playing my SD card?