Recall: Replace fuel return line ?

GrumpyEngineer

Reaction score
More of a FYI than anything else.

Just had the oil changed in my 2.0tdi/manual/MY13 this morning and they carried out 'Campaign 45D3' at the same time.
Internet searches seem to imply this is something to do with the parking brake software but the paperwork also showed "Replace fuel return line". I wrote down all the software versions before the service to see what had changed but all the numbers were the same so it doesn't look like there were any software updates applied, just the fuel line change.

Rich

Hello Rich,

A few of us (myself included) have had the 45D3 update done now, but this is first I've heard of the fuel line being replaced. My paperwork doesn't mention it. It's probably just your own car had a problem which they spotted and sorted while it was there.

Cheers, Paul.

The software versions you wrote down will only apply to the MMI and it's associated features, not the car's software which runs all the actual driving parts! The software update they did won't have affected the version numbers you see in the MMI.

There is a recall for the fuel line and a software update.

My 14 plate went in today for this 45D3, which was a software update to the radio, the abs controller and replacement fuel line. This is on a 2.0 tdi. Aberdeen Audi, service manager Mark is away to email me a detailed explanation of what it does.