Anyone changed their spec for MY15 build?

Palacemads3

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone here yet has been able to change their existing order yet to include something from the MY15. I'm trying to change my order from monsoon grey to Daytona on an s3 saloon order. My dealer has said he will try to do that but they are waiting for the ordering system to allow for my15 orders. I need it to open up by next Friday as it is that point my car will be locked in to build week 23 and no changes will be able to be made.

O just want want to know if anyone else has already been able to change anything?

Thanks.

I'm just wondering if anyone here yet has been able to change their existing order yet to include something from the MY15. I'm trying to change my order from monsoon grey to Daytona on an s3 saloon order. My dealer has said he will try to do that but they are waiting for the ordering system to allow for my15 orders. I need it to open up by next Friday as it is that point my car will be locked in to build week 23 and no changes will be able to be made.

O just want want to know if anyone else has already been able to change anything?

Thanks.

The morning I knew of the changes (courtesy of this forum) I e-mailed the dealer with attached info., quoting I would like to change to Sepang from Monsoon. An hour later he confirmed it could be done and said he had passed this onto his 'admin' team for them to alter order. I've still no build date as of yet though......:(

The morning I knew of the changes (courtesy of this forum) I e-mailed the dealer with attached info., quoting I would like to change to Sepang from Monsoon. An hour later he confirmed it could be done and said he had passed this onto his 'admin' team for them to alter order. I've still no build date as of yet though......:(

It will be interesting if you get a build date or a call from your dealership, as from this forum in the Sepang blue thread, the colour has been pulled for the saloon due to some issue with it at their Gyor plant in Hungary, it's still available for SB they are built in Germany.

Yes I've changed mine from Phantom Black to Sepang, and added red brake callipers. I'm build week 28 though, maybe it's tight for build week 23?

The sales guy was not able to change it on his system as I would suspect he normally would, as sepang was not a choice from a drop down menu and you could not just tick the red callipers box.

He added notes at the bottom of the order form for the colour change, and the additional item.

What I supect is actually happening, is that they've made notes and will change the order form correctly once they can (MY15 ordering available).

I mean we know we can get Sepang as a £525 option, but as far as I know you can't use the online configurator to spec it. I guess there is always a bit of lag between the My15 announcement and the systems being updated.

I changed my order (BW28) from Glacier White to Sepang Blue when the MY15 was announced.

Yep changed from glacier white to sepang and had the tpms. Was gonna go with red calipers but can't justify £325 for red paint

Woody86, neither can I really (justify the £325), it's a lot for what probably amounts to a very small pot of smooth hammerite :blush:

However after looking at the black standard ones last week, although the fronts look reasonably well finished in black, the rears looked poor imo. So I'd want the callipers painted at some point, and didn't want the hassle of doing it myself (lazy bandit).

I'm not really going to notice the extra few £'s on my finance and thought why not .. I have been good so far and kept my additional spec list quite small.

I've just managed to change to my15 to change colour from monsoon grey to sepang. It took a lot of effort though. I had to insist they ring up audi uk as the dealers system was not updated. I was in a rush as mine code is due to change to 20 as of Monday so this was my last day. Audi uk eventually did it manually rather than going through normal configurator

My dealer says that Audi UK have problems with MY15 at the moment but recorded the addition of red calipers. BW28.

I've just managed to change to my15 to change colour from monsoon grey to sepang. It took a lot of effort though. I had to insist they ring up audi uk as the dealers system was not updated. I was in a rush as mine code is due to change to 20 as of Monday so this was my last day. Audi uk eventually did it manually rather than going through normal configurator

That's good to know, no reason why mine can't be changed by next Friday then!!

Mine was easy to change. Just had to write it out. I tried to get the calipers done for free but they wasn't having any of it. So I said leave it. Nothing I can't get done or do my self.

I'm in a similar situations with BW 25 have asked my dealer to confirm the MY15 and then change the paint to Sepang. Looks like Monsoon to Sepang is a popular change! Don't care though cause it looks fantastic!

Not too worried about red calipers, can't picture how the red might look against the blue of the car and grey parts of the wheels?

Come on guys, get out the jack and paintbrush and get to work haha

IMG 8952

IMG 8952

I am also changing my spec.

The MY15 ordering doesn't open until week 22 - w/c 26th May

My build week is not until week 28 so I can make the changes - hopefully the build week won't change but my dealer couldn't confirm until he has made the changes on the 26th.

I've changed from paying over £2k for Exclusive (I'd specced Nogaro blue) and changed it to Sepang. Was a no brainier. I wanted blue but didn't like estoril, sepang was exclusive only or availbe on the RS's so I didn't want to pay exclusive for sepang so went for nogaro so at least it would have been 'different' to the others on the road - once they announced that sepang was available as a 'normal' option it made it the right choice to drop the exclusive price tag- I haven't saved anything like, as I've just added to the spec :D

Just waiting on confirmation that it won't delay the build. Currently on week 31. Changed to the Sepang and added the red callipers

Reactions: RYuill
I have changed my order on the S4 to a MY15 colour, unconfirmed build week expected mid August.

Been told the same as the order goes through Audi UK, which is closed until Tuesday due to the bank holiday weekend

I've been given a theoretical/predicted(?) build week of 28 as well. Should I continue to chase dealer after bank holiday weekend to ensure it doesn't get any later?!

I initially asked for it to be week 22 so that it was ASAP with MY15, but I guess that's not going to happen.