Chris NottSky Insurance
    Uber Post Whore

Status

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Interesting. I don't understand why that engine option is not available in the UK...
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

Neutral

Status
    Yep I agree, surely there's enough space now between the 1.8T quattro and the S3 BHP wise to slot this in?

I had a B5 1.8T quattro Sport (Merlin Purple, V reg) a long time ago, and moved to Scoobies as I wanted more ooomph Had the B5 been available with the 225 BAM engine and 6 speed box from the TT, I might have stuck with Audi (I'm guessing this may have had something to do with tranverse/longitudinal and haldex/torsion diff - i.e. not feasible )

Price may be an issue though? There's a 1.8T quattro S-Tronic in the showroom at Aberdeen Audi, reasonably well spec'd up, and all I could think of, when I saw the price, was why would you not just spend the extra few K and get the S3?

5th Gear

Status
    A lot of the sales/marketing decisions made by the Importer (Audi UK) are made on the basis of what the market needs/will buy. In the case of the UK, the overwhelming market decision maker is the fleet/company car market.

So if it doesn't suit fleet buyers due to cost/fleet charges/emissions etc. it's more than likely that mere consumers won't see it in the UK market.

But as things change in time, to refresh sales etc., you'll probably see this combo being introduced. Right now, Audi UK can sell every single variant currently on offer 3 times over.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG