sim vs bluetooth'd phone

ivicyrusivi

Reaction score
Hi all

So haven't had a proper chance to fiddle around yet, but i was wondering if any of you could help.

So i chucked a simcard into the MMI for connect services, then bluetooth'd my phone for calls/media etc - all worked great... UNTIL i made a call - it seems to always use the onboard simcard to make calls. Anyone know how to make bluetooth'd phone default, or even disable the onboard simcard for anything but data?

Cheers

There are options somewhere, perhaps in the connect module settings, telling it what to use for calls/texts and what to use for data.

Reactions: ivicyrusivi and phil1824
Cheers Cemerson... will try fiddle this eve

Unfortunately couldn't find anything on this in the manual :shrug:

It's in the settings for either the connect menu, or the telephone menu. Explore around a bit, you'll find it.

Couldn't find it anywhere... But noticed the car (today at least preferred the bluetooth'd phone.

Maybe it will pick what ever it see's first when starting the car, or depending on signal.

If you find the menu please let me know where it is

Cheers

I found it, go to the Telephone menu, press settings, it's the first option. It's badly named given the option next to it, but if you click it it becomes obvious what to choose.

Hmm... I get telephone settings then in that only volume settings and mailbox number.

Strangely enough, I can't make any calls with the sim card at all now... Will only use my phone!

Unless I'm going crazy? Is the onboard sim ONLY for data use?