AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cemerson

Thread: sim vs bluetooth'd phone

1st Gear

Status

sim vs bluetooth'd phone

Hi all

So haven't had a proper chance to fiddle around yet, but i was wondering if any of you could help.

So i chucked a simcard into the MMI for connect services, then bluetooth'd my phone for calls/media etc - all worked great... UNTIL i made a call - it seems to always use the onboard simcard to make calls. Anyone know how to make bluetooth'd phone default, or even disable the onboard simcard for anything but data?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    There are options somewhere, perhaps in the connect module settings, telling it what to use for calls/texts and what to use for data.
    ivicyrusivi and phil1824 like this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Cemerson... will try fiddle this eve

Unfortunately couldn't find anything on this in the manual

6th Gear

Status
    It's in the settings for either the connect menu, or the telephone menu. Explore around a bit, you'll find it.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Couldn't find it anywhere... But noticed the car (today at least preferred the bluetooth'd phone.

Maybe it will pick what ever it see's first when starting the car, or depending on signal.

If you find the menu please let me know where it is

Cheers

6th Gear

Status
    I found it, go to the Telephone menu, press settings, it's the first option. It's badly named given the option next to it, but if you click it it becomes obvious what to choose.

1st Gear

Status
    Hmm... I get telephone settings then in that only volume settings and mailbox number.

Strangely enough, I can't make any calls with the sim card at all now... Will only use my phone!

Unless I'm going crazy? Is the onboard sim ONLY for data use?