Perpendicular Park assist?

Jerodequin

Reaction score
Hi - before I ask the question, I'm not asking if anyone 'approves' of Park Assist, so if you don't approve or think it's silly or unnecessary or whatever please don't feel the need to share here ;-)

I've just been reading through the html based manual for the A3 and notice it mentions parking perpendicular to the road (i.e. into a space in a car park between two cars) - I wasn't aware the system did this and can't find any videos or evidence that it does. (did find a video of a Jeep Cherokee doing it though, so the technology obviously exists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH1q6nyX0LA )

So does anyone with the Park Assist know if the A3 does support this feature or is it just the standard parallel park assist that many other manufacturers now support too?

Thanks! J

Yep, it does do it - have used it several times on mine. It's not as good as the parallel park though and takes several bites at some spaces that could be done in one, but the functionality is there.

Reactions: Jerodequin
Yes, it is there. I would say by my experience, sometimes it works absolutely perfectly. And in the other, it takes ridiculously many turns to maneuver it into the spot..

Reactions: Jerodequin
I'm always unsure if it's just giving you multiple chances to just stop it - so if it's in the space and prompting you to go forward, but you are happy with it where it is, you can just stop there, but if you aren't happy it'll adjust it slightly for you or something.