• 2 Post By M1ke H
  • 1 Post By TheFiftheElement
  • 2 Post By Longy

Thread: S3 Ordered

Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Ordered

Hi from a newb in the Cotswolds.

Moving to the marque after two SEAT Leon Cupra's. Been discussing S3's with the local dealer for for the last few weeks, and joined the site a week ago whilst researching any final ‘need to know’ details before ordering the car. (I wouldn't otherwise have been aware of the MY15 release details)!

Was persuaded towards Audi by the experience of my OH after buying her A1, and finally ordered the S3 last Saturday. Build week 27 and have been quoted 31 July delivery.

Me? I'm a general all round petrolhead, motorsport fan and into advanced driving. Also have an MGTF in the garage at home and am active on the MG scene.

Thanks for an informative site.
    RossR and Woody86 like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hatch or Sportback? Colour? Spec? Always good to hear what other people are ordering ...

I've gone Sepang Blue Sportback, Silver interior, Standard wheels and a few options (didn't go daft, no B&O, tech or Sat Nav for me) ..

That's a quick delivery, I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and I'm build 28, but looking at mid August I believe ..
    Woody86 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Spec-wise it looks like:

S3 Sportback; Daytona Grey; Leather/alcantara; Black styling package; body coloured mirrors; comfort pack; mono.pur finish; hold assist; black inlays; interior lighting package; 10-spoke titanium matt alloy wheels.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFiftheElement View Post
    Hatch or Sportback? Colour? Spec? ..
    Or even a saloon
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    Oh yep, how could I forget about the saloon

Nice spec M1ke H, that's going to look very subtle, especially with (apart from the 4 pipes and badges) all the S3 distinguishing features sort of removed (chrome grill, silver mirrors, S3 alloys), and I see like me you've not gone toy daft. I can park myself and do minimal motorway driving, so things like park assist, drievr assist and active cruise etc is wasted on me ..

I've gone bling with Sepang Blue and chrome, but there's still something niggling away at me to go Daytona Grey and more subtle instead ...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke H View Post
    Spec-wise it looks like:

S3 Sportback; Daytona Grey; Leather/alcantara; Black styling package; body coloured mirrors; comfort pack; mono.pur finish; hold assist; black inlays; interior lighting package; 10-spoke titanium matt alloy wheels.
    Congrats on the order, sounds fantastic. I have lurked on here for ages as have been considering an S3 for a while, was this ->.<- close to ordering one myself. Test drove one to replace the wife's Seat Leon Cupra. In the end we chose a Cupra 280 (which is dies to be built this week), but it was a very close run thing.

Maybe in three years I'll have another look.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFiftheElement View Post
    Oh yep, how could I forget about the saloon

Nice spec M1ke H, that's going to look very subtle, especially with (apart from the 4 pipes and badges) all the S3 distinguishing features sort of removed (chrome grill, silver mirrors, S3 alloys), and I see like me you've not gone toy daft. I can park myself and do minimal motorway driving, so things like park assist, drievr assist and active cruise etc is wasted on me ..

I've gone bling with Sepang Blue and chrome, but there's still something niggling away at me to go Daytona Grey and more subtle instead ...
    Sepang Blue, you can't go wrong with that!

image.jpg

But I might be slightly bias.
    cuke2u and TheFiftheElement like this.
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

Neutral

Status
    Longy, that just looks superb ...

I wish the Sportsback had 19's and the silver accent under the front grill (don't think it does), I don't think the S3 looks bad in any colour though, it's just do I want bling or do I want subtle ... depends on what mood I'm in I think ..

Reverse Gear

Status
    @morini - after two Leon Cupra's I just felt it was time for a change. Both cars were faultless (apart from a rear sealtbelt tensioner which failed on the first car after two weeks and which was replaced under warranty), and neither has cost me a penny apart from routine servicing and tyres. The Cupra's were/are great cars, fun to drive, but it is time for a change.

I thought long and hard about the colour. Would have almost certainly gone down the Estoril blue route, apart from the fact OH's A1 is Scuba blue! The first Leon was black and the second is grey, so was looking for something different. The MY15 colours have put paid to that as, to my mind, Sepang blue is too bright (for me). Having see Monsoon grey and Daytona grey cars side by side, it had to be Daytona.

Enough toys to spec it similar to the Leon, and should be a nice overall package.

5th Gear

Status
    Welcome and glad you liked my MY15 post lol