S3 Ordered

M1ke H

Reaction score
Hi from a newb in the Cotswolds.

Moving to the marque after two SEAT Leon Cupra's. Been discussing S3's with the local dealer for for the last few weeks, and joined the site a week ago whilst researching any final ‘need to know’ details before ordering the car. (I wouldn't otherwise have been aware of the MY15 release details)!

Was persuaded towards Audi by the experience of my OH after buying her A1, and finally ordered the S3 last Saturday. Build week 27 and have been quoted 31 July delivery.

Me? I'm a general all round petrolhead, motorsport fan and into advanced driving. Also have an MGTF in the garage at home and am active on the MG scene.

Thanks for an informative site.

Reactions: RossR and Woody86
Hatch or Sportback? Colour? Spec? Always good to hear what other people are ordering ...

I've gone Sepang Blue Sportback, Silver interior, Standard wheels and a few options (didn't go daft, no B&O, tech or Sat Nav for me) ..

That's a quick delivery, I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and I'm build 28, but looking at mid August I believe ..

Reactions: Woody86
Spec-wise it looks like:

S3 Sportback; Daytona Grey; Leather/alcantara; Black styling package; body coloured mirrors; comfort pack; mono.pur finish; hold assist; black inlays; interior lighting package; 10-spoke titanium matt alloy wheels.

Oh yep, how could I forget about the saloon :blush:

Nice spec M1ke H, that's going to look very subtle, especially with (apart from the 4 pipes and badges) all the S3 distinguishing features sort of removed (chrome grill, silver mirrors, S3 alloys), and I see like me you've not gone toy daft. I can park myself and do minimal motorway driving, so things like park assist, drievr assist and active cruise etc is wasted on me ..

I've gone bling with Sepang Blue and chrome, but there's still something niggling away at me to go Daytona Grey and more subtle instead ...

Spec-wise it looks like:

S3 Sportback; Daytona Grey; Leather/alcantara; Black styling package; body coloured mirrors; comfort pack; mono.pur finish; hold assist; black inlays; interior lighting package; 10-spoke titanium matt alloy wheels.

Congrats on the order, sounds fantastic. I have lurked on here for ages as have been considering an S3 for a while, was this ->.<- close to ordering one myself. Test drove one to replace the wife's Seat Leon Cupra. In the end we chose a Cupra 280 (which is dies to be built this week), but it was a very close run thing.

Maybe in three years I'll have another look.

Oh yep, how could I forget about the saloon :blush:

Nice spec M1ke H, that's going to look very subtle, especially with (apart from the 4 pipes and badges) all the S3 distinguishing features sort of removed (chrome grill, silver mirrors, S3 alloys), and I see like me you've not gone toy daft. I can park myself and do minimal motorway driving, so things like park assist, drievr assist and active cruise etc is wasted on me ..

I've gone bling with Sepang Blue and chrome, but there's still something niggling away at me to go Daytona Grey and more subtle instead ...

Sepang Blue, you can't go wrong with that!

But I might be slightly bias.

Reactions: cuke2u and TheFiftheElement
Longy, that just looks superb ...

I wish the Sportsback had 19's and the silver accent under the front grill (don't think it does), I don't think the S3 looks bad in any colour though, it's just do I want bling or do I want subtle ... depends on what mood I'm in I think ..

@morini - after two Leon Cupra's I just felt it was time for a change. Both cars were faultless (apart from a rear sealtbelt tensioner which failed on the first car after two weeks and which was replaced under warranty), and neither has cost me a penny apart from routine servicing and tyres. The Cupra's were/are great cars, fun to drive, but it is time for a change.

I thought long and hard about the colour. Would have almost certainly gone down the Estoril blue route, apart from the fact OH's A1 is Scuba blue! The first Leon was black and the second is grey, so was looking for something different. The MY15 colours have put paid to that as, to my mind, Sepang blue is too bright (for me). Having see Monsoon grey and Daytona grey cars side by side, it had to be Daytona.

Enough toys to spec it similar to the Leon, and should be a nice overall package.