6hrs of Hard Graft!

Very similar to my routine, hard work but the results speak for themselves :)

Reactions: squiretolley and Woody86
2 bottles must of gone down a treat lookin at those pics!

Reactions: squiretolley
Excellent choice with the Collinite. Always gets great result I find and your pictures prove this.

Good choice on the beer too !! :thumbsup:

I DOB my hat to your awesomeness, man that's commitment

Reactions: squiretolley and Woody86
Excellent results mate. I've got a soft spot for products from chem guys and autobrite direct. Both do really good stuff

Excellent results mate. I've got a soft spot for products from chem guys and autobrite direct. Both do really good stuff

I've recently purchased some Autobrite Cherry Glaze, which will save me a bit of time when I'm being lazy! Going for CG wash and wax next when the Ubershine runs out.

I did buy a HD snow foam lance and Magifoam from AD but having a few problems with it, so not been able to use it yet.

Loving your work – car looks great!

(Interesting, I have a AG Hi-Tech sponge but I've yet to try it out.)

I've recently purchased some Autobrite Cherry Glaze, which will save me a bit of time when I'm being lazy! Going for CG wash and wax next when the Ubershine runs out.

I did buy a HD snow foam lance and Magifoam from AD but having a few problems with it, so not been able to use it yet.

I find the AD magifoam dwells longer than any other I've used. Ubershine is very good but I'm using poorboys slick suds and CG mr pink. Very good results.

Can't go wrong with AG SRP and Collinite 476, exactly the combo use. The result is fantastic on your car!

Great job Fella!

Is this one of these all in one products? Have you had any experience of it before?

I know what you mean, it's ****** hard work !! Especially if you machine polish it as well, did mine over a week ago.

Reactions: Silky-S3
Can I offer an opinion?

Autoglym SRP is one of the best all purpose polishes out there, and is my go-to product when I need an all-in-one, but.....

It contains resin and fillers, designed to fill scratches and swirls to make them invisible. On a new car (depending on dealer prep) - you should have very few swirls, so no need to apply a filler based polish to your car.

If you've gone to the trouble of removing contaminants, and claying, then a straightforward fine polish such as one from the Menzerna range would yield much better results than SRP, you don't really want to be putting fillers back onto a clean decontaminated car.

Autoglym SRP is a fine product, but there is probably something more suitable in this case.

Just my 2p :)

PS car looks lovely, and I am a fan of AB Magifoam :)

Reactions: RossR
Went through a very similar routine myself last week. First wash I'd given mine (and it's exactly the same car a syours, just the 3 door instead)

Hard work but worth it.

MIstake I made was not doing a thorough enough buffing the wax. Looked ok on the day but the day after you could see quite a few streaks and bits I'd missed.

If you've gone to the trouble of removing contaminants, and claying, then a straightforward fine polish such as one from the Menzerna range would yield much better results than SRP, you don't really want to be putting fillers back onto a clean decontaminated car

Any particular Menzerna polish you'd recommend? Super Finish? Do they need a polishing machine to apply?

Can I offer an opinion?

Autoglym SRP is one of the best all purpose polishes out there, and is my go-to product when I need an all-in-one, but.....

It contains resin and fillers, designed to fill scratches and swirls to make them invisible. On a new car (depending on dealer prep) - you should have very few swirls, so no need to apply a filler based polish to your car.

If you've gone to the trouble of removing contaminants, and claying, then a straightforward fine polish such as one from the Menzerna range would yield much better results than SRP, you don't really want to be putting fillers back onto a clean decontaminated car.

Autoglym SRP is a fine product, but there is probably something more suitable in this case.

Agreed. When my car was brand new the first dozen washes I followed up with dodo juice lime lite to clean everything off the paint followed with a nice helping of AG HD wax and car pro re-load spray sealant for a little extra. Beaded like crazy. Hard days work but no pain no gain

Any particular Menzerna polish you'd recommend? Super Finish? Do they need a polishing machine to apply?

Most of them you do need a DA or rotary machine to apply, but there is one with very low cut that you can apply by hand.

Menzerna Power Protect Ultra has a very low cut, and is suitable for hand application, but this is more of a silicon free sealant. You can still apply Coll wax on top of this if required.

Menzerna Power protect ultra - Detailing World

It all depends if you actually need a polish (with cutting abrasives) to polish up the lacquer layer, or just something to keep it looking good, without actually cutting into the lacquer - in which case you need to find a polish with a Cut of Zero.

Other polishes from other reputable manufacturers are also available :)

Most of them you do need a DA or rotary machine to apply, but there is one with very low cut that you can apply by hand.

Menzerna Power Protect Ultra has a very low cut, and is suitable for hand application, but this is more of a silicon free sealant. You can still apply Coll wax on top of this if required.

Menzerna Power protect ultra - Detailing World

It all depends if you actually need a polish (with cutting abrasives) to polish up the lacquer layer, or just something to keep it looking good, without actually cutting into the lacquer - in which case you need to find a polish with a Cut of Zero.

Other polishes from other reputable manufacturers are also available :)

Sorry to take this slightly off-topic but I'm going to give the car a clean and wax this weekend and was wondering if a good wash, then a clay, then a wax would be enough? Skipping the polishing post-clay?

Sorry to take this slightly off-topic but I'm going to give the car a clean and wax this weekend and was wondering if a good wash, then a clay, then a wax would be enough? Skipping the polishing post-clay?

Wash, clay, wash again then a wax should be fine if your paintwork isn't too badly damaged or dull which I imagine it's not. I generally polish ever 2months just to make the paint fresh again. Buts entirely up to you how you do thing. Maybe you'll get some tip from the detailing thread as I'm no expert.

Reactions: 0B1001001
Very similar to my routine, hard work but the results speak for themselves :)

Squiretrolley & mjcourtney. Similar to my routine also, though I just go from post clay wash to wax. I used some old clay on the chrome exhaust instead of wire wool to help get the soot off. Did mine 10 days ago.

Squire - pics look great.

John.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjcourtney
Wash, clay, wash again then a wax should be fine if your paintwork isn't too badly damaged or dull which I imagine it's not. I generally polish ever 2months just to make the paint fresh again. Buts entirely up to you how you do thing. Maybe you'll get some tip from the detailing thread as I'm no expert.

I'll give it a go!

Great job Fella!

Is this one of these all in one products? Have you had any experience of it before?

Yes it's an AIO product, gets great reviews. Plan to use it next time to save a bit of time. SRP and Collinite 476 would be my preference if time wasn't an issue.

Great job Fella!

Yes it's an AIO product, gets great reviews. Plan to use it next time to save a bit of time. SRP and Collinite 476 would be my preference if time wasn't an issue.

Can I offer an opinion?

Just my 2p :)

Thanks Veeeight. I had a few light scratches and swirls, so in this case the SRP seemed like the right choice.

Can I ask if you used 303 on the front grille and if so how did you apply it (spray/foam applicator/microfibre cloth)?

Wanting to give my A3 grille a freshen up but unsure of the best (and least time consuming!) way to go about it.

Can I ask if you used 303 on the front grille and if so how did you apply it (spray/foam applicator/microfibre cloth)?

Wanting to give my A3 grille a freshen up but unsure of the best (and least time consuming!) way to go about it.

No didn't use 303 as the grille on the s-line it is a gloss finish. Not sure what finish it is on the sport, but if it's a matt plastic then 303 would be perfect. I spray it onto a MF cloth and apply it that way.

Wish I could wash my own car. Looks immense!

Thanks! I suffer with a bad back, which I'm probably going to go under the knife to fix but I don't let it stop me from washing/detailing my car. However, I do have to dose up on diazepam and tramadol afterwards!

No didn't use 303 as the grille on the s-line it is a gloss finish. Not sure what finish it is on the sport, but if it's a matt plastic then 303 would be perfect. I spray it onto a MF cloth and apply it that way.

Thanks for that squiretolley, the Sport does have a matt plastic grille, I may add 303 to my detailing wish list!

I have to say, I have never washed a car the way you have, but it looks spectacular. Jeez.

Great result. Did u find some shade when waxing?
Polish is slightly abrasive and so removes a thin layer of clear coat each time it's used, don't you worry about that if you use it every couple of months?

Great result. Did u find some shade when waxing?
Polish is slightly abrasive and so removes a thin layer of clear coat each time it's used, don't you worry about that if you use it every couple of months?

I like to use a jewelling polish so it does only take a tiny layer but does remove any holograms or light swirl marks. I don't worry about it too much. German paint is hard and thick so it should be fine IMO. But as I said I'm no expert.

Audi lacquer is very hard, you'd have to be a manic polisher to remove enough lacquer to worry!

Reactions: Woody86