AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: new s3/sat nav

2nd Gear

Status
    Nav based cornering lights requires tech pack, you only get steering and indicator based cornering lights with SD nav.
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sigh. When I was about to order, the car is gone. More waiting.

What does everyone think off ACC?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Also, can I choose to have se suspension on s line?

Thank you x

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa1 View Post
    Also, can I choose to have se suspension on s line?

Thank you x
    Yes you can. It's a no cost option.

Also ACC is good especially in my case with my s-tronic gearbox. I used mine in a traffic queue for the first time last weekend and it's quite strange just letting the car move forward in the queue without needing to touch any controls. I also find it good in, for example, road works speed limits when you can set it to match the limit but if the car in front is going slightly slower it will just keep the correct distance apart. With conventional cruise control you would have to apply the brakes as you got closer which would cancel the cruise control.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    V impressed!! It moves itself in traffic. I thought it only works over 30mph for some reason. I hope I can find one that has got acc. That'd really help for London traffic. Is it reliable though? I don't want to crash relying to it.

Would anyone recommend switching to SE suspension if it's no extra cost?

1st Gear

Status
    Nope the LEDs light up side street based on speed and indicators (nothing to do with sat nav)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Re. ACC, it only goes to a stop with s-tronic. In my manual it cuts out below a certain speed (more like 15mph than 30mph I think). In spite of that, I still find it incredibly useful and reliable, though if you're doing a lot of city driving I'd imagine the combo of the two would be fantastic (I don't). You definitely need to learn how it works and be prepared to deactivate it when appropriate.

I "downgraded" my A3 to SE suspension, my wife has Sports on her A1 and we much prefer mine, but I haven't tested the A3 Sports to compare (which might be nothing like the A1), and all such things are subjective anyway I guess...

Neutral

Status
    The thing with Sat Nav's is that you can go down to Halfords and buy a Tom Tom for £100 (Halfords). If that Tom Tom breaks you can go back and get one 14 more times before you break even on buying the built in 3D MMI one with Audi. Also, most smart phones have a sat nav built in these days, therefore negating that £100 Tom Tom cost anyway.

The SD card one is more viable as that's only £500, I say "only" rather loosely as it's still a lot for a sat nav.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydougle View Post
    The thing with Sat Nav's is that you can go down to Halfords and buy a Tom Tom for £100 (Halfords). If that Tom Tom breaks you can go back and get one 14 more times before you break even on buying the built in 3D MMI one with Audi. Also, most smart phones have a sat nav built in these days, therefore negating that £100 Tom Tom cost anyway.

The SD card one is more viable as that's only £500, I say "only" rather loosely as it's still a lot for a sat nav.

Its not £500, it's £212 retrofit for a 2013 maps card

Neutral

Status
    The thing with Sat Nav's is that you can go down to Halfords and buy a Tom Tom for £100 (Halfords).
    Audi have rather handily provided a flat pop up surface for you to 'lick and stick' your halfrauds device to.

And listen to it giving directions in a Homer Simpson accent.

Or the Terminator.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorjj View Post
    Its not £500, it's £212 retrofit for a 2013 maps card
    Why would it be £212 to retrofit the SD card sat nav when it initially costs £495 to fit from the factory? That doesn't make any sense...

1st Gear

Status
    Why would it be £212 to retrofit the SD card sat nav when it initially costs £495 to fit from the factory? That doesn't make any sense...
    Because Audi need to make margin - please read earlier on in this post - its also on other posts re this. Acitvation is only £168, then its just the cost of the original SD card you need to cover (ebay)

Reverse Gear

Status

Ordered!

So finally I found a stock car. I realised that many good stock car comes up. In the end, this is what I went for:

A3 S line 1.4 cylinder on demand 140ps
    Daytona Grey
    Technology pack
    Comfort pack
    Folded mirrors
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Heated seat
    Privacy windows
    Front parking sensors

It is arriving soon. My first audi. I'm v excited. Does anyone know if the sat nav in tech pack include Google map sync? Why cost 1795?

6th Gear

Status
    Nice colour, brilliant engine and good specs. No the tech pack without connect does not have google maps...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    If you have Connect and the Tech pack (i.e. you can put a 3G/4G sim card in the car) you have Google Maps!
    My14 S3 3 Door (Audi Ireland Press Car) in Masano Red

Options - Misano Red - MMI Navigation Plus (no DAB as it is not available here) - Audi Connect - Fine Nappa - Heated Seats - Heated Seats - Metallic Paint - 18" 5 Parallel Spoke Star Design Alloy Wheels - Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Standard - Bluetooth
    - Drive Select - Music Interface - Presence Basic - Auto Headlight Range Adj - Exterior Chrome - Rear Park Assist - Xenon Lights with LED daytime running lights

Neutral

Status
    For £1795 I think you will have the connect and therefore Google mapping facility.
    If it's €1795 then maybe not.

1st Gear

Status
    My invoice said the following....

MMI Navigation Plus 2,761 euro
    Audi Connect 798 euro
    Bang & Olufsen 1,261 euro

and I have Google Maps
    My14 S3 3 Door (Audi Ireland Press Car) in Masano Red

Options - Misano Red - MMI Navigation Plus (no DAB as it is not available here) - Audi Connect - Fine Nappa - Heated Seats - Heated Seats - Metallic Paint - 18" 5 Parallel Spoke Star Design Alloy Wheels - Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Standard - Bluetooth
    - Drive Select - Music Interface - Presence Basic - Auto Headlight Range Adj - Exterior Chrome - Rear Park Assist - Xenon Lights with LED daytime running lights

Reverse Gear

Status
    It is £1795. So what is connect for? Can I just put any sim card in?

Reverse Gear

Status

Tech pack

Just found an email from the sales person. I do have connect. How is it different from the normal sat nav which I don't know. I guess I'm lucky the stock car comes with it.

The technology package contains the following.

Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi Connect. Includes Technology package
    (PNQ) and Colour Driver’s Information System (DIS) (9S6). Audi connect provides access to a number of innovative
    online services via an internal UMTS (3G) module. Audi connect online services include: navigation using Google Earth
    images and Google Street View, destination entry via Google Maps or myAudi, online point of interest search and
    information services such as weather forecasts and the latest world news. Audi connect also includes Audi traffic
    information online, which gives accurate real-time forecasts of the traffic situation along the chosen route. The traffic
    situation can be displayed on the navigation map or Google Earth image. Audi connect can also create a Wi-Fi hotspot
    in the car for convenient internet access using a mobile device (e.g. laptop or tablet). Many Audi connect features can
    be simply operated via MMI Navigation Plus, the multi-function steering wheel or the voice control system.
    Important connectivity information: An external data source is required to enable the Audi connect online services.
    One of the two following external data sources can be used1:
    1. A mobile telephone with Bluetooth SIM Access Profile2
    2. A separate SIM card which can be inserted in the included SIM card reader. When a separate SIM card is used, hands
    free phone calls are possible using the SIM card or by connecting a different mobile telephone via Bluetooth Hands

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12