AH FabricationsBadger5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 117 of 117
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: S3 19" Wheel Choices ?

  1. #81
    pat15312's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by S3quatt View Post
    Nope!

    Just wider Vauxhall VXR wheels!
    Cheers...
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #82
    S3quatt's Avatar
    Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sunny Scotland
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by pat15312 View Post
    Cheers...
    Sorry

    Have to say it though, that was my first thought when I spotted them as a mate of mine had an Astra VXR so they stuck in my mind.
    Still a nice wheel, just not for me
    ...... Now this one's MUCH better!...

  4. #83
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    Wow that's a lot of money for a set of alloys. Jeez.
    Just had it confirmed from my Audi dealer as well as £754.14 per wheel including VAT, which makes my dealer fractionally cheaper, but not enough to make any difference. That's nuts. I want those LD Prestige wheels instead but can't find anyone who sells them in the UK :/

  5. #84
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    Just had it confirmed from my Audi dealer as well as £754.14 per wheel including VAT, which makes my dealer fractionally cheaper, but not enough to make any difference. That's nuts. I want those LD Prestige wheels instead but can't find anyone who sells them in the UK :/
    Which LD wheels fella? New RS4 or RS6?

  6. #85
    Brodster's Avatar
    Shark Performance In Scotland

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    3,406

    My Social Networking

    Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Who makes them LD?? Im a dealer for BBS, Oz Racing, Rotiform and Vossen and £750 per wheel will get you some awfully nice rims......forged ones at that too.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

  7. #86
    bjorngra's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    130
    LD Prestige copied the S3 rims. Just bought the originals several months ago.



    Jantes alu, Pneus, Pack Jantes pour Audi, VW, Seat, Mercedes, Vitres Teintées Auto, Jante en Alliage
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

  8. #87
    bjorngra's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Every dealer can order them (8V0 601 025AB) but look at my post above. That will save you a lot of money.

    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    Replied to the wrong message before. bjorngra, how did you fit these - dealer told me it wasn't possible?
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

  9. #88
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Who makes them LD?? Im a dealer for BBS, Oz Racing, Rotiform and Vossen and £750 per wheel will get you some awfully nice rims......forged ones at that too.
    This is what we all want to know. they've got a monopoly on Audi reps. Nobody else has their range and thus they can charge retail accordingly.

    only bright side for us buyers is the exchange rate this week makes them about £50 cheaper than last week!

  10. #89
    bjorngra's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
    This is what we all want to know. they've got a monopoly on Audi reps. Nobody else has their range and thus they can charge retail accordingly.

    only bright side for us buyers is the exchange rate this week makes them about £50 cheaper than last week!
    I think LD Prestige makes the rims or let them make, because these rims are nowhere else for sale.
    Last edited by bjorngra; 14th June 2014 at 17:02.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

  11. #90
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
    Which LD wheels fella? New RS4 or RS6?
    RS6 ideally

  12. #91
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post
    Every dealer can order them (8V0 601 025AB) but look at my post above. That will save you a lot of money.
    It would if they delivered to the UK. We desperately need a reseller or grey importer.

  13. #92
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    RS6 ideally
    There's an eBay seller in Manchester who does them. £749 delivered. Sheldons of Manchester are their name.

  14. #93
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
    There's an eBay seller in Manchester who does them. £749 delivered. Sheldons of Manchester are their name.
    Can't seem to find them. I don't suppose you have a link?

    update: found em. Got both options on there although not quite the colour I was looking for. Very tempted.
    Last edited by WetFishDB; 14th June 2014 at 16:33.

  15. #94
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    Can't seem to find them. I don't suppose you have a link?

    update: found em. Got both options on there although not quite the colour I was looking for. Very tempted.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...535837&alt=web

  16. #95
    bjorngra's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    It would if they delivered to the UK. We desperately need a reseller or grey importer.
    @Louay got the RS6 rims from LD Prestige in silver.
    Audi S3 Sportback | ProLine Plus | Stronic | Monsoon Grey | Panoramic roof | LED headlights | B&O | MMI Touch Plus | ACC | Alarm | Privacyglass | Keyless entry | Super Sport Seats | DAB | Heated seats | Camera | Magnetic Ride | Side Asssist

  17. #96
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorngra View Post
    @Louay got the RS6 rims from LD Prestige in silver.
    Is the hyper silver RS6 ones that I want. My S3 is monsoon grey so worried the gunmetal might be a bit washed out on a grey car

  18. #97
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    237
    Are you sure LD Prestige don't ship to UK? They do silver for sure.
    I thought it was the Aussie blokes who'd been refused delivery?

  19. #98
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
    Are you sure LD Prestige don't ship to UK? They do silver for sure.
    I thought it was the Aussie blokes who'd been refused delivery?
    I emailed them and they just never replied. I don't speak French so can't really work out what I'm doing on their site

    What do others thing about gunmetal on a monsoon grey S3?

  20. #99
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    237
    Silver is best on grey imho.
    I'm getting glacier so I'm thinking a grey finish will suit better.

  21. #100
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    nicolas@ldprestige.com

    LDPrestige
    4 rue du Monnoury
    77610 Fontenay-Trésigny
    09 50 17 77 77
    Mardi au Vendredi de 9h00 à 18h00
    Samedi de 10h00 à 13h00

    LDPrestige
    Route de Lens
    Parc d’activité du moulin
    62660 Beuvry
    03 21 65 71 14
    Lundi au Samedi de 9h00 à 12h00 et 14h00 à 19h00

    I dealt with a guy called Nicolas. He can speak and understand broken English and failing to contact him via email you could try and call him? (think he is on the second number ending 71 14) I have sent him the link to this thread to make him aware of your interest WetFish. Let me know how you get on.

  22. #101
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    nicolas@ldprestige.com

    LDPrestige
    4 rue du Monnoury
    77610 Fontenay-Trésigny
    09 50 17 77 77
    Mardi au Vendredi de 9h00 à 18h00
    Samedi de 10h00 à 13h00

    LDPrestige
    Route de Lens
    Parc d’activité du moulin
    62660 Beuvry
    03 21 65 71 14
    Lundi au Samedi de 9h00 à 12h00 et 14h00 à 19h00

    I dealt with a guy called Nicolas. He can speak and understand broken English and failing to contact him via email you could try and call him? (think he is on the second number ending 71 14) I have sent him the link to this thread to make him aware of your interest WetFish. Let me know how you get on.
    Cool, thanks I have emailed him so fingers crossed I saw some debate about 225 or 235 tires on the 19s. What did you go for and were they ok?

  23. #102
    Andy Williams

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    12
    Although i dont have a s3 im loking at some new alloys for my a3 sb sline. Currently got standard sline 18" on and being scuba blue not sure whether black will look to dark, im looking for something with a fuller coverage than the standard sline but something that doesnt look to busy. I like these one. Thoughts welcome.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    A3 Sportback S Line 1.8 TFSI manual, Scuba Blue, Black styling pack, Privacy glass, Bang & Olufsen, Interior light package, Comfort package, Parking system plus, S line sport suspension, Electric folding mirrors

  24. #103
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Think I'm gonna go gunmetal on mine in the end. Found some cool pics of them on a grey A3 and they look nice. Nicholas has emailed me and they will ship to UK. Two more questions:

    What brand and model of tires do people recommend?
    What do those who have moved to 19s do about the spare wheel, which is an 18 inch spacesaver?

  25. #104
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    Think I'm gonna go gunmetal on mine in the end. Found some cool pics of them on a grey A3 and they look nice. Nicholas has emailed me and they will ship to UK. Two more questions:

    What brand and model of tires do people recommend?
    What do those who have moved to 19s do about the spare wheel, which is an 18 inch spacesaver?
    225/ 35 / 19 Continental sportcontact 5P. great tyre with muchos grip flying out of corners.

  26. #105
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    225/ 35 / 19 Continental sportcontact 5P. great tyre with muchos grip flying out of corners.
    keep the 18 spacesaver. you can still use it in the eventuality of a flat for essential trips until the 19 is replaced.

  27. #106
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    keep the 18 spacesaver. you can still use it in the eventuality of a flat for essential trips until the 19 is replaced.
    Thanks. That's what they recommended too. Considering going with 235 tires with slightly better protection for the rims. They are recommending Euros Goodyear F1 Asym 2?

  28. #107
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    Not much diff between the two sizes. Personally went for a lower profile ready for some springs.

  29. #108
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    Try tyrereviews.co.uk
    Also why the name WetFish? Lol

  30. #109
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Try tyrereviews.co.uk
    Also why the name WetFish? Lol
    I've had it so long I don't remeber why It's my handle in almost everything. Will have a look at that link.

  31. #110
    J6YAK's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Not much diff between the two sizes. Personally went for a lower profile ready for some springs.
    Not taken the plunge on the springs yet Louay?
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

  32. #111
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    Not yet! Got a warranty issue with one of the led headlights which is slowly being sorted. Then I'll probably do it and then get the car detailed so realistically towards the end of summer beginning of autumn. How you finding the car?

  33. #112
    J6YAK's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    350
    Still loving it mate thats me 5K miles down now and it's loosening off just nicely. while we are on the wheel thread, I'm still waiting for my chosen wheels to arrive!! There's been delays after delays but they are now on their way I hope. Away on holiday on Wednesday so hopefully get them when I return and then get the H & R's on also.
    Hope you get your LEDs sorted soon.
    Louay likes this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

  34. #113
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    image.jpg

    Here's the ones I ordered all fitted.
    RAPS3 and Louay like this.

  35. #114
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    image.jpg

    Here's the ones I ordered all fitted.
    so you went with 235's?

  36. #115
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    so you went with 235's?
    Yeah, a bit more protection for the rims.

  37. #116
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by WetFishDB View Post
    Yeah, a bit more protection for the rims.
    how do you rate the service from ld prestige? did you order tyres and alloys from them? did you deal with Nicolas?

  38. #117
    WetFishDB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    how do you rate the service from ld prestige? did you order tyres and alloys from them? did you deal with Nicolas?
    They were great. His written English was very good. He was helpful and communicative. Delivery was quick too. They look exactly like the pictures online and the immediate impression of the wheels is they look great. I did scratch the plastic audi caps which are a little 'fragile'. In general I was very impressed.

    Still not sure the wheel colour goes perfectly with the car colour, but still much better than what I had originally.
    Louay likes this.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. My new motor.. wheel choice?!
    By Avanti in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th April 2011, 20:07
  2. Winter Wheel Choice
    By CMD in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 8th December 2010, 05:04
  3. Wheel choices
    By AJS in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th April 2010, 16:39
  4. Wheel Choice
    By Gti Jazz Blue in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12th October 2007, 12:37
  5. Wheel Choice
    By Lowlife in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 1st April 2007, 22:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO