Suspension Error

TJM22

Reaction score
Bit of a dilemma....

I originally jumped on a dealer order in February and ordered a 150ps A3 sportback with interior light pack, comfort pack, b&o, electric folding mirrors and S Line suspension.

I then changed my order to the 184ps, got the relevant paperwork and at first didn't notice that the S Line suspension had disappeared off of it. I didn't mention it to the dealer when I first noticed it as originally I was debating the suspension choice anyway and I knew the build was locked as I tried to change the colour and add hold assist.

Now I have decided I would like the S Line suspension as I originally ordered.

I have sent an email to the salesman enquiring about this and am awaiting a reply.

Question is, is it just a case of changing the springs and possibly the shocks? If so do you think it is unreasonable to ask for them to do this?

I have also been given a delivery date of the 3rd May :)

had this problem with a Q5 a few years back that was delivered without the S-Line suspension.Dealer said it could be retro fitted at their expense but really didn't want a brand new factory built being stripped down that much!!!

Hmmmm didn't think about that, although I suppose it will all still be under warranty and what not. Will see what the dealer replies. It's not the end of the world I just don't want it to bug me or regret not atleast trying to get it sorted

To be honest I'd stick with the sport suspension. I find the sport suspension a little harsh at times, so can only imagine what the s-line setup is like! Don't tell the dealer that though, try and squeeze some compensation out of them.

I'm pretty sure S-Line is same shocks, different springs.
It's real easy to change the springs.

Best option would be to go with eibach or H&R as both will lower further than S-Line and also improve handling and looks.

I'm pretty sure S-Line is same shocks, different springs.
It's real easy to change the springs.

Best option would be to go with eibach or H&R as both will lower further than S-Line and also improve handling and looks.

I am sure that would have a negative affect on any warrantly repairs (if needed) for anything around that area though.

Spoke to my dad who told me to leave as is and dont get the dealer to change it. Will ask dealer when I see him next for something :)