MY15 Changes - confirmed from Audi, hot off the press !

The Challinor

Reaction score
Website
www.businessguysit.com
Highlights are that tyre pressure monitor is now standard (massive saving lol) and new colour options.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398409042094026
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398409055161873

Reactions: JohnM100, Nerdy Norm, balsaq and 5 others
Arrrrggghhhhhhj !!!!!

Sepang Blue !!!!!!

Red caliper Option !!!!!!!!!

Arrrghhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

And 1.4 COD to 150PS.

PS. No more Phantom Black. What would PA say. Actually, I couldn't give a to55 what PA would say !!! :lmfao:

Reactions: Flibble, DAYTONA 500, Joetidman and 5 others
I've been waiting for this, I've got a build of 7th July, it's been keeping me happy. I've ordered the 2.0 tdi so better mpg and co2 too. I wonder when the new brochure and specs come out?

Impressive what they've done with the cod power too!

I've just been told I am build week 23 now, I'm ringing my dealer as originally I ordered Daytona grey, I want that colour!!!

Where did you find the press release from dark? Would like to look at the full details

So they've increased the PS of the 1.4 COD and kept the Co2 low, that is good...

Reactions: veeeight
I'm happy I bought when I did and feel special having Phantom Black now :)

What is Mythos Black? Did a quick Google image search came back with a black A1 that looks like it has a very red fleck in its paintwork, bit like Panther Black? :/

Think red calipers might look a bit OTT personally.

My car hasn't gone into be built yet, will it come under MY15 if it's estimated delivery date is June?

Reactions: RYuill
That's just not fair. I love sepang blue guess it will be the next one then. Wonder if I moan they could change it for September. :uhm:

According to the build your car on the Swedish audi website 19 wheels are now an option on the S3 sportback.

My understanding is anything built from week 22 onwards is built to MY15 spec. I'm currently on wk 23. I wanted Daytona grey and after originally being told I could have it had to have it changed to monsoon. I'm going to try to get mine changed today. On another thread it's been suggested you can change up to 4 weeks before build week.

Glad i got my 1.8 when i did

Reactions: JohnM100
Similar happened in '07 after I'd bought the then 'new' 8P.

I had to pay £250 for flat bottom multi function steering wheel, it then became standard on MY08. I'd wanted black edition, wasn't available at launch, then guess what arrived in '08.... Wanted grey paint but didn't like dolphin grey much. Typically in '08 Daytona turned up. Everything I wanted and couldn't have or had to pay for became an option or standard!

The only serious omission on the list is that I think 19's should be an option on new hatch / SB models, and still they persist with 18 only. Given the revenue opportunity it just proves how blind these fools are to public opinion.

We are currently in BW17.

As long as your car is built from BW 22, you will get the MY2015 changes.

Caveat: BW's can move, be pulled forward or pushed back, until they get to Code 20 (Production Week locked).
So if you're in BW21, and are desperate for Phantom Black, don't let them push your order back.
Or if you're in BW22, and are desperate for Red Calipers, don't let them pull your order forward!

Darkcooleo, thanks very much for the info - this really has put cat amongst the pigeons!! I had planned Sepang S3 Saloon, was awaiting for the Sepang rumour to be confirmed, but now........

Daytona S3 Saloon with Black pack and Red Calipers or Sepang S3 Saloon (and saving some dosh and I think Sepang & Silver looks really well). Ant thoughts guys?

Finally Test driving S3 Sportback tomorrow (but saloon suits us better) and have rough idea of price with discount. Really don't need car for a while, so I need to make right call.

Si

Daytona S3 Saloon with Black pack and Red Calipers or Sepang S3 Saloon (and saving some dosh and I think Sepang & Silver looks really well). Ant thoughts guys?

:thumbsup:

I ordered mine bw15. So if I ring them up and say I understand there are some new changes coming out I might be able to change from glacier white to sepang blue ;)

Are they planning any sort of facelift to the car for 15MY?

Haha, I was hoping they'd release a few new colours .. and Phantom (what I ordered) has been removed ... I was undecided before, and hoped this would help .. it's just made this worse lol ..

Sepang with Super Sports Seats, or go Daytona and keep the Silver Leather, will red calipers set any of the colours off nicely .. and is my budget about to creep up ..?

Nightmare ..

My order says MY14 and build week 28??? Unfortunately it is Phantom Black. Written to dealer for clarification. They probably dont know about changes yet....

Do you think you will be able to order the red callipers from a uk dealer? My car will come with the black ones as its build week 19.

The power increase on the COD is nice (for those getting MY15), but a simple tuning box can get more.

Still no 184 diesel, on the lists. or am i reading it wrong?

Will cars that are on order and due for build in MY15 with TPMS selected as an option now see this option fitted for free and the final purchase price reduced accordingly? Or if you have specced it is it a case of hard luck, you will still be expected to pay for it, while those who didn't spec it now get it added for free?

Do you think you will be able to order the red callipers from a uk dealer? My car will come with the black ones as its build week 19.

I'm quite keen on the red callipers too! Think they'd look really good on a Monsoon Grey S3.

My order says MY14 and build week 28??? Unfortunately it is Phantom Black. Written to dealer for clarification. They probably dont know about changes yet....

Audi are going through the process of changing all orders from BW22 onwards from MY14 to MY15. If you have been given BW28, then your car will be an MY15.

Last edited:
This is good news! :)

I see the MPG is better on the COD too? (60.1 vs 58 previously) And also on 1.4 122ps + 180ps quattro. I hope this also improves the S-Tronic MPG a little on the COD.

its amazing how they always bring out faster engines with better economy!

My estimate is that the 0-62 will improve by 0.3 seconds, just a guess tho ;)

Darkcooleo

Can I ask your source fro the info?
Need to see if there any additions for A4/A5 range

Thanks
Keef

I confirmed this with my dealer - it was released last night

It all depends how you drive it ;) On my test drive of the A3 1.6 TDI I managed 100mpg on a 20 mile stretch of the M25, and on my evoque I can beat the official figures regularly (only when i am not in a hurry!)

Totally agree that for normal driving (inc traffic etc) they are unrealistic, but they aren't made up, they are possible.

They are changing the rules later in the year I think!

Will be interesting to see what the extra HP actully does for performance, 0 - 60 etc

Probably slightly quicker off the mark but I expect no extra grunt(torque). Makes a tuning box somewhat of a priority for me now but I still need more mileage yet, not even 1000 miles since Jan 26th...

This is good news! :)

I see the MPG is better on the COD too? (60.1 vs 58 previously) And also on 1.4 122ps + 180ps quattro. I hope this also improves the S-Tronic MPG a little on the COD.

its amazing how they always bring out faster engines with better economy!

My estimate is that the 0-62 will improve by 0.3 seconds, just a guess tho ;)

It is very rare that the quoted mpg can be obtained or exceeded, although I've managed to see 87mpg under certain conditions...

Reactions: Jaypee5