BW 17,18,19,20

wills_1990

Reaction score
I thought seems as there was a thread for other build weeks I would make one encompassing the weeks above so we can all await our cars together.

Mine is build week 19 for an S3 3 door S-Tronic after being pushed back from 15 for changing from amalfi to monsoon.

Feel free to add your info and hopefully we can help each other get through these last few painful weeks.

Thanks

Oh finally a thread for me too :)

I ordered mine early march, build week 20 and delivery estimated to mid June.

A3 Sportback 1.8 TFSI Quattro S-tronic
S-Line Daytona Grey
Panoramic Sunroof, Advanced key, Black optics package, B/O Sound system, ACC, Interior lightning package, Parking sensors front and rear, 18" 5-spoke black rotors.

Can't wait.. Had a S3 Sportback -09 previously, manual though. Hopefully the 8V won't feel too slow..

Ordered my s3 25th-March and got build week 19.

S-tronic
Glacier white
Black styling pack
Privacy glass
Light and rain sensor
LED styling pack
Black 3D inlays
Non smoking pack
Adaptive cruise control
Sat nav
Hold assist

The wait is killing me.

Ordered my SB 2.0tdi s-line on 31st march, build week 19. Ordered from Bexley Audi in Kent so car should go to Sheerness

The wait is driving me NUTS!! How's everyone passing the time?!!

Ordered S3 Sportback 04/01/2014 - week 17 build (this week!).

Spec as per signature. It's been a loooooong wait so far.

Reactions: RYuill
I just tried to change a spec but was told the order is locked in for production. He said if I wanted to change anything I would need to what until October as demand is so high.

Think I can live without interior lights :)

It's getting close

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
Check Point 8 is Production Completed
Code 30 In Transit from Factory
Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
Code 40 Vehicle Landed
Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
Code 70 At the retailer

It normally goes to Code 20 approx 2 weeks before Confirmed Build Week, once at Code 20, no spec changes !!

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
Check Point 8 is Production Completed
Code 30 In Transit from Factory
Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
Code 40 Vehicle Landed
Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
Code 70 At the retailer

It normally goes to Code 20 approx 2 weeks before Confirmed Build Week, once at Code 20, no spec changes !!

How do you see what code you are on? Or do you just have to ask the dealer

I just tried to change a spec but was told the order is locked in for production. He said if I wanted to change anything I would need to what until October as demand is so high.

Think I can live without interior lights :)

It's getting close

Just phoned dealer and been informed mine is now locked in as well, fortunately don't want any changes.

Things start to get a bit more exciting from now on.....

What specs did you go for ??

I hope to god everything is as I ordered it, after reading the previous BW thread, one was delivered with a manual gearbox when they ordered an s-tronic. Think I would be sick.

Any accidental extras would be more than welcome though :)

What specs did you go for ??

I hope to god everything is as I ordered it, after reading the previous BW thread, one was delivered with a manual gearbox when they ordered an s-tronic. Think I would be sick.

Any accidental extras would be more than welcome though :)

The factory rarely if ever get it wrong during production. The problem is usually with the person typing in the order at the dealers. Orders used to go to Audi UK who entered the details in to the Audi AG computer system but this is now done by the individual dealer. When the order is entered a Vehicle Data form is printed and if you were not given a copy of this, you could always ask for one.
It lists things like Order Number, Acceptance Date, Status Code, Port of entry to the UK, Model year, Model code, Model description, Exterior Colour, Interior trim colour and all the Options with their respective 3-digit code (as used in the Price and Specification Guide).

I just had a very nice update to let me know my A3 SB order has been confirmed as a BW 20 was projected as a 21 so I can join this club aswell. I ordered on March 28th.

I just had a very nice update to let me know my A3 SB order has been confirmed as a BW 20 was projected as a 21 so I can join this club aswell. I ordered on March 28th.

Got a nice surprise here too - I was down for build week 18. Rang the dealer this morning to make sure it's still scheduled for then and it's already built and currently in transit to the ship!!

They're estimating 3 weeks for delivery to me from now.

Getting closer!!

Got a nice surprise here too - I was down for build week 18. Rang the dealer this morning to make sure it's still scheduled for then and it's already built and currently in transit to the ship!!

They're estimating 3 weeks for delivery to me from now.

Getting closer!!

I wonder if that has a knock on effect, as in will my build week 19 be moved to 18 :uhm:

I wonder if that has a knock on effect, as in will my build week 19 be moved to 18 :uhm:

From reading around it would seem that a lot of builds have been a week ahead recently so I would say the odds are pretty good.

Had an email from my dealership this afternoon informing my S3 has been built.

I think this is the first time buying a new car have I had a salesman keep me informed and regularly updated as promised. Oddly two years ago the same salesman when buying my A1 never kept me updated. Regardless, I like him a lot so gave him the business again. Must have been on a customer service course.....

For the guys hoping they are going to get their order brought forward don't expect it to be by too much. I was week 19 and it moved forward to week 16 a few weeks after ordering and then back to 17 about a month ago. Dealer said when placing my order the build slots regularly come forward magically a few weeks before build so disappointed this didn't happen for me.

Happy it's built but still another 4 weeks to go :sob:

It may be less - mine arrived at my dealers 20 days after being built. 8 days from factory to Grimsby and then 12 days from Grimsby to the dealer.

Reactions: Pulp84
It may be less - mine arrived at my dealers 20 days after being built. 8 days from factory to Grimsby and then 12 days from Grimsby to the dealer.

Hope so Dave. Off to France towards end of May and it really will be a spoiled trip knowing my car is waiting to be collected back in blighty.

[Q UOTE=Pulp84;2152175]Hope so Dave. Off to France towards end of May and it really will be a spoiled trip knowing my car is waiting to be collected back in blighty.[/QUOTE]
I'm the same, I'm off to Abu Dhabi for two weeks with for work from the first of June, when I come back I'm offshore for a week then on a weeks family holiday. So I'm really hoping it's delivered in May

Build week 18, but got email this week saying cars already built and left the factory this week.

That's good news - what's your spec?

150tdi Sportback, glacier white, black styling, b and o stereo, privacy glass, black roof rails and comfort pack. Tried to add LED lights to the options as read you could do that with the comfort pack for less and interior pack after reading forum. But car was locked in. Dealer said the LED lights would be 795 and not 490 with comfort pack as I read that on here. So went away feeling not so bad as would not pay that much for them anyway. One stone and bang!!

Last edited:
Just phoned Audi CS to see if my build week had come forward any but its still build week 19 :(

He also said that delivery would be mid July sometime so I hope hes adding in a safty factor as the dealer told me start of June. If its getting built next week surely it wont take 10 weeks to deliver it.

Just phoned Audi CS to see if my build week had come forward any but its still build week 19 :(

He also said that delivery would be mid July sometime so I hope hes adding in a safty factor as the dealer told me start of June. If its getting built next week surely it wont take 10 weeks to deliver it.

I had the same thing yesterday. Went to audi bexley to sit in an A3 again! Got caught by my salesman and he checked my status. Confirmed build week 19 still (although he said that was two weeks time!) and said start of June delivery

Start of June sounds better to me. Most people seem to be around the 4 week mark. Will be ****** off if it doesn't come till mid July.

I had the same thing yesterday. Went to audi bexley to sit in an A3 again! Got caught by my salesman and he checked my status. Confirmed build week 19 still (although he said that was two weeks time!) and said start of June delivery

Ordered mine from Bexley Audi, who was your salesman?

I found Bexley to be good so far, I bought my used A3 from them last year, they couldn't of helped enough, I had a few issues with the A3 and they sorted them all.

Mine is Yasin, Wesley seems Ok though, he helped me out when Yasin was off a month ago. I got Some MMI leads and going to ask for a bit more on Thursday :)

Ordered 8 April, was originally quoted delivery date of 26 June. Just heard from the dealer that my car is due for production next week (week 19).

Hopefully it won't take 7 weeks to get here...

Just had email update from dealer to say everything is on track for Build next week.

She is expecting the car the end of this month which seems pretty good in comparison to other BW 19's on here.

Not long to go now..... :thumbsup:

Reactions: RYuill and Pulp84
I hope I'm the same. I thought I was excited before but jeezo.

Can't wait

So today my dealer emailed through to me the VIN, number plate details and a notice to say the V5 / tax disc has been posted.

Has the process changed? Sure last time I bought a new car (two years ago) I had to get insurance certificate before they could tax it.

Hoping doing all this means my salesman is confident it's making its way to the dealer quickly !!

So today my dealer emailed through to me the VIN, number plate details and a notice to say the V5 / tax disc has been posted.

Has the process changed? Sure last time I bought a new car (two years ago) I had to get insurance certificate before they could tax it.

Hoping doing all this means my salesman is confident it's making its way to the dealer quickly !!

When I asked my dealer just before mine was delivered he said that proof of insurance is still required to register a new car.

Mine didn't and we setup the free 7 day Audi insurance when I collected the car...