A3 211 bhp 2.0 Petrol Engine

Saabman

Reaction score
Hello,
this question has been raised a few times, but I am wondering if anyone knows whether Audi will ever put their 2.0 211 bhp engine in the sportback. If they did, I would order one tomorrow.
Im currently driving a 9-3 Aero and the 1.8 litre Audi petrol just doesn't give me quite enough power when I want it. The S3 is too much!
The 211 bhp engine is perfect. Maybe I'll have to opt for my second choice, the old golf gti.
It's a shame, I wanted Quattro as well. I was going to contact Audi directly, but I think they will refer me to a dealer. I can't see much on the internet for the uk market, but I have read that the 211 engine will be available in India. Do they drive on the left over there? I guess it will be too expensive to ship in!:think:
If anyone has any news, I would be pleased to read all about it!
in the meantime, have a very good Easter and easy on the old eggs!

Hello,
this question has been raised a few times, but I am wondering if anyone knows whether Audi will ever put their 2.0 211 bhp engine in the sportback. If they did, I would order one tomorrow.
Im currently driving a 9-3 Aero and the 1.8 litre Audi petrol just doesn't give me quite enough power when I want it. The S3 is too much!
The 211 bhp engine is perfect. Maybe I'll have to opt for my second choice, the old golf gti.
It's a shame, I wanted Quattro as well. I was going to contact Audi directly, but I think they will refer me to a dealer. I can't see much on the internet for the uk market, but I have read that the 211 engine will be available in India. Do they drive on the left over there? I guess it will be too expensive to ship in!:think:

Audi used to offer a 2.0TFSI engine in earlier A3s but the highest (except the S3) at the moment is the 1.8TFSI at 180. The 1.8TFSI is also the highest rated petrol engine offered in Germany as well at the moment, so I don't see a 211 bhp being available any time soon.

Thankyou for your reply... I thought that this would be the case.... It's a shame.... I can't figure it out, unless Audi don't want to compete directly with the golf. Maybe it's related to emissions... I really don't know.

Perhaps you would consider a tuning box, the claimed figure is 235 PS

Would his affect the warranty, do you think? I'm a bit worried how this may affect insurance premiums as well as resale values too.

Hello,

Why is the S3 too much? If you really want that engine then it would be Golf GTI, VRS Octavia or the Leon FR.

Getting the 1.8 TFSI and then getting it modded might be the answer?

Would his affect the warranty, do you think? I'm a bit worried how this may affect insurance premiums as well as resale values too.

In theory, it could affect the warranty. There's been many posts about it. In reality, you can remove the box quite easily, if necessary. I mentioned it to the master tech at my local dealership who didn't care, but advised it would probably be a good idea to remove it (or blank it off) when in for work, just in case it's scanned and flags TD1 which is sent to Audi (TD1 means the car has been modified/tuned)

In theory, it could affect the warranty. There's been many posts about it. In reality, you can remove the box quite easily, if necessary. I mentioned it to the master tech at my local dealership who didn't care, but advised it would probably be a good idea to remove it (or blank it off) when in for work, just in case it's scanned and flags TD1 which is sent to Audi (TD1 means the car has been modified/tuned)

I assume insurance companies would want to know about these tuning boxes.

Speaking of engines; how about Tdi's, anyone expecting anything with more power being introduced to the A3?

I asked the dealer about this the other day, basically Audi UK don't feel there is enough 'room' in terms if pricing structure between the 1.8 and the S3. It's different in different countries but basically in the UK doesn't make sense for them currently. Personally I think because in the UK the S3 is amazing value, it's the only 8V that pricing stayed the same for when they moved over from the 8P...

Thankyou for all your replies. I have decided to take a day off work in a couple of weeks time and test drive the A3 back to back with the Golf, just to compare the performance difference. I don't want to go down the modded route.... We have a fleet policy for our cars at work and after a call to the insurers yesterday, there will be a significant premium hike.
Thankyou again for all your help. I'll keep my fingers crossed that in a couple of years they will introduce the 2.0 petrol over here.