Corroded badge

mjcourtney

Reaction score
Just washed my car today to discover bad corrosion / pitting on the front grill Audi badge.

Car is just over 12 months old and has only ever been washed by myself (using valetpro prewash, autoglym shampoo, and aqua wax).

Is this acceptable / expected at this age, or am I doing something wrong with my wash routine to cause this? All other chrome trim seems fine.

Uploadfromtaptalk1397923729889Uploadfromtaptalk1397923749980

No way is that right and should be taken back to dealer. I've seen plenty of Audi's of all ages and not seen badge like this. Almost looks like mould.

P.S you sure it can't be cleaned off with polish, etc?

Yeah its actually pitted the surface. I've only ever seen similar on some badly done nickel plating. I'll pop it into the dealers next week.

Just washed my car today to discover bad corrosion / pitting on the front grill Audi badge.

Car is just over 12 months old and has only ever been washed by myself (using valetpro prewash, autoglym shampoo, and aqua wax).

Is this acceptable / expected at this age, or am I doing something wrong with my wash routine to cause this? All other chrome trim seems fine.

View attachment 31825View attachment 31826

It maybe you followed a vehicle that was leaking a chemical or something on the road that's been flung on your car through spray.

Either way I'm sure you will get a new one.

Oh dear it does look chemical! Shouldn't be a problem getting Audi to replace.

Yeah, I can only assume its come from spray etc. As I say, only products I've used is a weak mix of prewash, shampoo and wax, and I doubt they could do that to it.

Sure it's not been there since new, I had similar on my previous 8P when I took delivery, like a water mark on the grill surround which I picked up on, they tried to polish out but it would not budge, turned out all the chrome badges on the car were dulled as well, so they replaced everything. It was a stock motor that was sourced from Stafford and the guy at Macc seemed to think on its first clean from the factory somebody had the chemical too strong in the water and then left the car soaked in it for too long. Wrecked every shiny bit on the car which Macc replaced, the paintwork was un damaged.

What prewash do you use as I have seen that when truck wash has been used.

Valetpro citrus prewash. Mixed to a 1/10 ratio with water. Never leave it more than 5 mins before pressure washing off

Called in to the dealers today to show them the badge. As soon as they looked at it they agreed it wasn't right, new one on order. Pleased with the customer service :)

Reactions: Dylock