Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

GPS problem - persistently trying to make me drive on cycle paths

Hi All,

I hope you are enjoying your cars,

I've noticed an extremely annoying problem - on 2 or 3 occasions GPS was quite persistent in trying to route me through a cycle path (In at least two different parts of Bristol). When it happened today I've spend 10 minutes trying to make it follow another route - so I could actually get back home. All three alternative routes included that (...) cycle path. You cannot (like in most other Sat Navs) tell it to avoid a specific road / blockage / drive through waypoint.

Before I write an angry email to Audi UK I was wondering whether any you have encountered a similar problem ( I have SD based Sat Nav).

Thanks
    Tom
    A3 8V S-line in Daytona Grey

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I had a similar issue in Strasbourg where the sat nag constantly tried to re-route me through a road that was closed (with a barrier) at key times of day. We arrived whilst the barrier was closed and couldn't get to our hotel (although we didn't know this as the time), but there was an alternative route but the sat nav just wouldn't re-route to it. In the end it was so busy trying to re-route itself back onto the barrier road it blue screened and then put up a message telling us to go straight to Audi service! Thankfully after 5 minutes being turned off it sorted itself out, and we were able to get directions from local shop, but there are obviously odd occasions where it will have a mind of it's own and will under no circumstance offer an alternative. Probably more down to the mapping company than the nag as it's only following the rules as set out by them. May be worth mentioning this to Audi though as unlike my issue, driving up a cycle path is more serious!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition