S3 caliper question

Joetidman

Reaction score
For those with S3's do you have the black S3 caliper covers on both front and rear wheels?

Hum, I only have them on the front, have I been diddled?

So in the UK black and front only, but front and back in other countries? Just trying to work out whether to kick off at the garage or not ;)

So in the UK black and front only, but front and back in other countries? Just trying to work out whether to kick off at the garage or not ;)

I've got black front and rear on my SB!!, so what have you got at the rear then if its not black?

Nothing really just the calipers without any covers, mmm think I'll be taking it back to the garage then...

Nothing really just the calipers without any covers, mmm think I'll be taking it back to the garage then...

What do you mean "covers"? There are no covers on mine but they are painted black, are yours just bare metal?

So had a good look at 3 door S3 at Salisbury Audi today and thought I'd look at this so I know what I'm going to get.

It had black callipers all around but the front ones had an S3 logo on. From what I could see S3 logo was on a black metal plate on the middle of the front calliper. the The rear callipers have no distinguishing features apart from being painted black. This particular S3 was delivered 3 weeks ago.

No, black as you say but no 'S3' cover over it like on the front ones

So had a good look at 3 door S3 at Salisbury Audi today and thought I'd look at this so I know what I'm going to get.

It had black callipers all around but the front ones had an S3 logo on. From what I could see S3 logo was on a black metal plate on the middle of the front calliper. the The rear callipers have no distinguishing features apart from being painted black. This particular S3 was delivered 3 weeks ago.

Ah ok that sounds more like what I have then

Yeah the back ones are totally standard from what I could make out like on normal A3's but painted black (oh and other difference is they are attached to pretty big discs!!)

Reactions: Joetidman
Ok I see what you mean now, mine are all black but only the front have the S3 logo!!

Reactions: Joetidman
You get your dent done Joe? Hopefully yes...
Thanks Pulp

Not yet, got the phone number off the dealer, but Easter got in the way. Will be the first phone call tomorrow though :)

Thanks Pulp

Not yet, got the phone number off the dealer, but Easter got in the way. Will be the first phone call tomorrow though :)

If you can try and watch the repair man do it. It's magic, such a skill.

All will be right with the world when it's done!