Lowering springs S3

ConS3

Reaction score
Anyone here running springs in their S3 yet?

Two kits from what I can see. H&R and Eibach.

Trying to get an idea on how much drop between the two. I have concerns as I'm running 19s and there isn't much room to play with.

Some pics of the gap right now. What do you all think? Room to drop without rubbing?

Rear.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396950054727259

Front.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396950076724802

Last edited:
Very interesting. I'd like to get my s3 lowered about 3cms. but I have Audi Magnetic Ride. Are this kits compatibles with mag ride?

Yeah both kits work with mag ride.

Reactions: qt25
I think it's best to keep it as it is. The ride will be horrid on lower springs.

I've had springs many a times before and have had no issues. The drop in the Eibachs is only 10mm.

It will be the same as is the case on the sciroccos con. H&r will be lower and firmer than the eibachs

Yeah it's hard to tell. I don't remember the Roc sitting as low as the pics I put up with the stock wheels. Mind you it came with 19s stock.

There is a max of an inch on the rears between the tyre and the wheel arch. My wheels also poke out a couple of mm as a result of the offsets. So I'm worried they'll rub if I drop.

I don't have a link, but part number for H&R is 28826-2. For Eibach it's E10-15-021-12-22.

VWRacing will have some springs out soon, there in testing at the min along with some ARB's. Ill probably be going for them. Don't think there's anyone that knows a VW chassis as well as they do.

Reactions: ConS3
Interesting too... I will be following this threat :yes:

I've got some 40mm springs on order from ST by KW for my s-line. In hindsight, I should've ordered s3 springs to get a full 40mm drop from s-line suspension ride height

I'll post pics and feedback when fitted

ConS3 - any pics from square on to see how your wheels sit in the arches? I'm going to space my wheels once lowered so if it'd be helpful if you could post offsets & wheel widths please

Trying to get an idea on how much drop between the two. I have concerns as I'm running 19s and there isn't much room to play with.

Some pics of the gap right now. What do you all think? Room to drop without rubbing?

Rear.
View attachment 31029

Front.
View attachment 31030

Personally I think the gap is very good as it is, any more and it might look like your suspension has collapsed! However I do have an aversion to overally low ride height, as I think it looks chavy.

Reactions: bobinder

Rear.
View attachment 31029

Front.
View attachment 31030

Out of interest are running the wheels on 225 35 19 contact 5P's?

Are you sure it affects to warranty? I think it doesnt. :shrug:

Reactions: j16jrf
I won't. I like to keep my warranty intact when I purchase a near 40K motor. Leave the mods to the next owner when you trade the car after three years...

So why even comment? If I want to mod, ill mod thanks!

Reactions: Rayner_1704, Craig Cull, AntonyW85 and 7 others
Although some dealers may try & tell you differently, this only affects the warranty of linked components

Horses for courses but that doesn't bother me one bit

Rear.
View attachment 31029

Front.
View attachment 31030

I would say there is plenty of room to drop there mate, I'm looking to do the same once I finally decide on which 19's to go for.

GNJ on here is running H&R Springs, check his Facebook page for pics of the drop, maybe ask him how much it actually dropped by?

This is a drop!!! Sits nice but it must rub everywhere!!

Reactions: Tej13, qup4me, j16jrf and 1 other person
Lol. That's borderline bagged! Too much for me.

I even think the H&Rs will drop too much so I think I will go Eibach as I really only want to drop it a bit.

I had a look at a MK7 GTI with the VWR kit and it's also an aggressive drop.

Plus the Eibachs are cheaper. Saving my funds as I'm going with a resonated Supersprint twin pipe system once they're released :). Assuming I don't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it!!

Reactions: J6YAK
I had H&R springs on my Scirocco, made a nice difference to stance and handling; I couldn't recommend them higher for the £400ish (fitted) it cost.

I've got some 40mm springs on order from ST by KW for my s-line. In hindsight, I should've ordered s3 springs to get a full 40mm drop from s-line suspension ride height

I'll post pics and feedback when fitted

ConS3 - any pics from square on to see how your wheels sit in the arches? I'm going to space my wheels once lowered so if it'd be helpful if you could post offsets & wheel widths please

I'll get some pics tonight. The ones above are pretty much square on, just zoomed in. I assume you want the entire wheel/arch in the shot?

My wheels are 19x8.5ET46 (or 45....I can't remember...I had them shaved down!)

This is a drop!!! Sits nice but it must rub everywhere!!

Are them wheels 19's or 20's? The drop is deffo to much but its a fine line, 10mm higher would probs be perfect for me. At least its a level stance though.

Reactions: j16jrf
Fark it. I just ordered the Eibach Pro Kit through Orange Tuning. I'm impatient haha.

Reactions: batch
I will. It may be a couple of weeks before they're on or more. I have to wait for them to be shipped from Germany to Australia!

Out of interest are running the wheels on 225 35 19 contact 5P's?

Yup. They're ok tyres. I'm only running them as they came with the wheels when I swapped with my friend. If it was my choice, I'd be running Michelin PSSs. I'll swap to that when these die.

Are you sure it affects to warranty? I think it doesnt.

It could be argued that it affects suspension warranty. But I can't see how springs can be linked to a blown cylinder or failed fuel pump. At the end of the day, it's a 10mm drop on the Eibachs. That's nothing. Even with the stock dampers, they'll last for thousands of miles.

Reactions: batch
So why even comment? If I want to mod, ill mod thanks!

Lol. Couldn't agree more here. Why bother being on a forum to begin with? To talk about your stock Audi S3? Read the manual. It'll tell you everything you need to know. Save you time.

Reactions: Rayner_1704, AntonyW85, Adam. and 1 other person
Are them wheels 19's or 20's? The drop is deffo to much but its a fine line, 10mm higher would probs be perfect for me. At least its a level stance though.

According to the website they are 8.5x19 et 45 although they do look bigger
I think it looks well good but defo needs to be a little higher for daily use

Are the Eibachs front and rear springs or just fronts (like they did for the 8P)?

I had H&R springs on my 8P S3 and loved the drop but the loss of ride quality is not something I want to repeat on the 8V...getting old and prefer comfort! :w00t:

We have the H&R fitted to our S3

10257846_860337690658558_6742106722161342322_o.jpg

Sits great and I honestly can't tell much difference in ride at all, just holds the road better in the twisties :)

We have these on the shelf now for £200 delivered or £300 fitted. If anyone wants a set it is easier to ring us on 01254 883345.

Reactions: Camerz-, monopole, Fiddie and 7 others
Thats good!

For the moment I'll spend some time but I hope get it in a few months.

Can you tell me how much will be shipped to spain in €?

Thanks!