Newbie saying hi with sportback on order

JDM

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Ive been lurking for a good few weeks and have to say this seems one of the better, most active and friendly forums for the new a3.

I currently drive a TT amplified black edition which I love but have to sell due to the future arrival of tiny feet in July. The silver lining to this cloud is the fact I have on order a new a3 sportback in the following spec which will be a little more suiting to our future needs.

* 2.0 TDI Quattro S-tronic 184
* Amalfi white
* Full nappa leather
* Heated seats
* B&O sound system
* LED headlights
* Interior light package

I am also contemplating purchasing the sd card nav as I understand it comes with nav preparation.

Car was confirmed as build week 15 which I am told is this week with delivery end of May. From reading on here though it appears people who have been told build week 15 was actually built in week 14 and the car is currently en route to uk. This excites me a little and I will be calling my dealer tomorrow for an update on things.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Just wanted to say hi and I look forward to interacting with everyone on here in the future on what I've seen and read seems to be a cracking motor.

Cheers

John

Reactions: Jerodequin and Sandra
Hi John, welcome to audi-sport.net and the 8v section. Hope you continue to enjoy the forum. :) x

Welcome to the forum John. Having just got my quattro you won't be disappointed, the wait will pass with the help of this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: h5djr
Hello John

Welcome to the forum. Nice choice of A3. I will be collecting my Sportback 2.0 TDI-184 Sport s-tronic quattro in a few days time. It arrived at my dealers on Saturday.

Hi John,
Mine was build week 11 and picked it up last Thursday - not quite the spec you've gone for (more sedate set of wheels) but loving it so far. :thumbsup:

Just my opinion about the same accessories I have on my S3:

- B&O: very high quality! Worth the money but if you are an audiophile like me do not expect something overwhelming.
- LED Highlights: you'll love it!! I did not believe there could be so much difference from xenon!
- Interior light package: just a touch of refinement. A must have for the price on such a car.

- Go for the SD Sat Nav. I specced it (The MMI navigation plus was far too expensive for my navigation needs) and I find it very good. Some days ago it surprized me receiving TMC signals and recalculating my route because a motorway was closed for works.

Car was confirmed as build week 15 which I am told is this week with delivery end of May. From reading on here though it appears people who have been told build week 15 was actually built in week 14 and the car is currently en route to uk. This excites me a little and I will be calling my dealer tomorrow for an update on things.

Unless I'm off track build week 15 is this week, so I'd expect your car at the dealers by the end of the month really.

I'm collecting my 2.0TDI Quattro Sportback tomorrow at 9am! Cannot wait!!!

Reactions: PilotAudi
Thanks for all the replies / advice and kind welcomes people.

Danilotto, Thanks for your input. I had a listen to the B&O in an A3 in the showroom and I was impressed with the sound and the illuminated speakers just reeled me right in.. It sounds much better than the bose I have in my TT and from memory better than the bose I had many moons ago in my 2004 A3. I think it will be fine for my needs.

Im glad you say that about the LED headlights as I wasnt really sure what to expect but knew I wanted them as they look and sound cool.

I will be purchasing the SD card Nav then. I wanted the tech pack but opted for the LED and SD card nav for basically the same cost.

Flibble, I spoke with the dealers this morning who have confirmed it is still at stage 20 but confirmed and will be starting production this week. He said it takes approx 4 weeks from now to be delivered but may be a little sooner. I took that as a hint to send off my private plate retention documentation so that's gone off first class today...

Simonbt, I bet your very excited... Very little sleep for you tonight then... :w00t:

Forgot to say I also ordered the folding mirror option which I personally think is a must. I've had it on a number of previous cars and miss it on the TT.

Welcome, I'm sure you will be delighted with your new car, good spec by the way

Spoke to the dealer on Saturday and the car is at "port of exit release" which I'm told means its waiting to be shipped to the UK. How long have people normally waited from this point to the delivery of the vehicle? Dealer stated that it may be delivered this month but might run into May? I was originally quoted end of May at time of order. Good old German efficiency!!

Took delivery of my car yesterday afternoon.

What a lovely motor. Cannot believe how refined it feels compared to the TT. Just a shame it rained all last night and is still doing so now.

Looking forward to getting to know it over the long bank holiday weekend :jump:

IMG 3218

IMG 3219a

IMG 3220a

IMG 3222a

IMG 3223

IMG 3224a

IMG 3225a

Reactions: AlnSaz, seniorjj, Jerodequin and 1 other person
Looks great!! LED headlights + white is an excellent combo ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JDM
Lovely, but if that's your house in the background I'm surprised you haven't gone for an R8!

Is it Sports or S-Line suspension? Think the Amalfi works well with S-Line!

Squiretolley.. No, I wish it was my house. It's one just down the road from me.

Seniorjj.. it is S-Line suspension. Thanks