Build Weeks

TJM22

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered (I did search but it wasn't very forthcoming).

My car has been confirmed as build week 14, which if i go by calendar weeks, the 14th week is the 2nd week in April, is this how it works?

If so my car will be built next week :yum:

Mine's week 21, so ETA to my driveway is that I will get my shiny new S3 second week of June. Got an email off the Dealer yesterday to confirm that, but he hinted it may be quicker. When you consider I had to cancel the order I placed in January (for personal reasons) and then re-ordered on the 1st April, that's a pretty good lead time. I also got a better deal with the new promotion now running on the A3.

Last edited:
Mine's week 21, so ETA to my driveway is that I will get my shiny new S3 second week of June. Got an email off the Dealer yesterday to confirm that, but he hinted it may be quicker. When you consider I had to cancel the order I placed in January (for personal reasons) and then re-ordered on the 1st April, that's a pretty good lead time. I also got a better deal with the new promotion now running on the A3.

What offers? On the S3? I am waiting for a week 22 build....taken ages so far ordered in Feb but would like to know what offers they have.

Mine is build week 15 and was told by my dealer that was 7th April,he also told me they are slightly ahead in the factory and some build week 14 cars have already been through production and on there way over, (conversation was on Tuesday of week 14) I read on here somewhere build week 1 was 30th Dec 2013. So fingers crossed should have it in about 3 weeks!!

Mine is build week 15 and was told by my dealer that was 7th April,he also told me they are slightly ahead in the factory and some build week 14 cars have already been through production and on there way over, (conversation was on Tuesday of week 14) I read on here somewhere build week 1 was 30th Dec 2013. So fingers crossed should have it in about 3 weeks!!

Dealers phone is ringing as I type this..... :hubbahubba:

Not sure if this has been covered (I did search but it wasn't very forthcoming).

My car has been confirmed as build week 14, which if i go by calendar weeks, the 14th week is the 2nd week in April, is this how it works?

If so my car will be built next week :yum:

You'd be overjoyed to learn that this week is week 14, then! :hubbahubba:

It may already be built!

Mine was week 14 but actually got built last week and is already on its way over! :icon_thumright:

Reactions: TJM22
What offers? On the S3? I am waiting for a week 22 build....taken ages so far ordered in Feb but would like to know what offers they have.

If you ordered in Feb and you have week 22 then I think you need to kick who ever ordered your car up the ****. I only signed the new order Form on Tuesday this week and they got me week 21. All the sales rep did was check the Production Plan, then spec-amend the first non-allocated S3 in line with my order. Will have my S3 early June, if not before. I've never had to wait long for new Audis and that's mainly because I am not prepared to! Mind you, the sales guy is very clued up and certainly pulled a few strings to get me the car quickly. He did the same thing with the last Audi I ordered, that only took 8 weeks after placing the order.
As to offers? Whether it's dealer specific or an Audi UK campaign I don't know, but I got a dealer contribution and reduced finance offer with their new A3 promotion. That's the only reason I didn't place the order in March, as I wanted to wait for the new campaign to get a better rate.

Hi, new to the forum and would like some advice. I ordered a pretty standard 122PS 1.4 Sport with leather and comfort pack on 22nd March and have been given a date of build week 27, which seems a long way away compared to what some people here are quoting. Is this unusually long? What spec changes might move me up the list and what should I be saying to my dealer?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, new to the forum and would like some advice. I ordered a pretty standard 122PS 1.4 Sport with leather and comfort pack on 22nd March and have been given a date of build week 27, which seems a long way ay compared to what some people here are quoting. Is this unusually long? What spec changes might move me up the list and what should I be saying to my dealer?

Thanks.

At lot can depend if there are models still available on the Production Plan. I'm not sure if these have to be already allocated to a particular dealer but in my case I ordered my A3 Sportback on 10 Feb and was originally given a delivery date of early May. But it seems my dealer was able to allow my car to take over an order they had already placed for a demonstrator on 11 Dec, which means my car was built on 18 Mar, just 8 weeks after I placed the order. It was also very quick getting from the factory to Grimsby in just 8 days. All I'm waiting for now is for it to be delivered from Grimsby to the dealer.

My previous A3 Sportback in 2012 took a total of 20 weeks from order to delivery.

Hi, new to the forum and would like some advice. I ordered a pretty standard 122PS 1.4 Sport with leather and comfort pack on 22nd March and have been given a date of build week 27, which seems a long way away compared to what some people here are quoting. Is this unusually long? What spec changes might move me up the list and what should I be saying to my dealer?

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum and 'MAD HOUSE' waiting for your car!!!! All I can say that I added a Panoramic Sunroof and it brought it forward by 2 build weeks. However would be expensive way to bring your build forward if you don't want one!

Hello, I ordered on 30th dec 2013 but my dealer didn't put it through till 2nd Jan or so he tells me!! Mine is build week 15 but hopefully should have it just before the end of this month. So I would of had a 4 month wait! My first new car and Audi the wait is painfull, but if you want quality you have to wait!! (Unfortunately). But this forum does seem to pass the time and get some good advice from it too!!

So still been told it's build week 14, spoke to the dealer at the weekend and he said that the computer system was down and he couldn't check the status. I don't like bugging them so I'll ask on here :). Any one with build week 14 got an update from their dealer?

Mine was down as BW 14, was built last week, on its way now.

So still been told it's build week 14, spoke to the dealer at the weekend and he said that the computer system was down and he couldn't check the status. I don't like bugging them so I'll ask on here :). Any one with build week 14 got an update from their dealer?

If you don't want to 'bug' your dealer you could ring Audi Customer Service (0800 699 888) and they will be able to tell you. If you have the original Audi order number that helps but they should be able to find it anyway by knowing which dealer.

I jumped on an order the dealer already had so audi cs might have it down as for the dealer still. What format or where on the order form is the number?

I jumped on an order the dealer already had so audi cs might have it down as for the dealer still. What format or where on the order form is the number?

The Order no: is an 8 digit number that is shown on the Vehicle Detail form. It quite possible that your dealer did not give you a copy, some do and some don't. My dealer always gives me a copy because he knows I like to have all the details. If they did it's in the second box down under Order and it's the only item in that box. If not just ask the dealer for the Audi Order No or for the current Status of your car. They should have no problem with giving you the details, after all, you are their customer.

Mine's build week 22 also. Ordered mine mid March though. Wait seems painful enough for me, can't imagine what it's like for you!

If you ordered in Feb and you have week 22 then I think you need to kick who ever ordered your car up the ****. I only signed the new order Form on Tuesday this week and they got me week 21

It really depends on what your dealer has on order. I was going to be slotted in for an early April delivery if I'd had ordered a month before as they had a car ready to be changed in line. But I wasn't quite set to seal the deal at the time.

Ordered S3 around 3 weeks ago expecting delivery June time though dealership still to confirm. It has been given a build slot apparently!

3dr, Panther Black, super sports seats, LED headlights, privacy glass, b&o, interior light pack, no badges, body coloured mirrors - hope these options don't hold it up for too long! #cantwait

Ordered S3 around 3 weeks ago expecting delivery June time though dealership still to confirm. It has been given a build slot apparently!

3dr, Panther Black, super sports seats, LED headlights, privacy glass, b&o, interior light pack, no badges, body coloured mirrors - hope these options don't hold it up for too long! #cantwait

Welcome JzaGza, give them a kick up the r's ordered mine 31st March said I would prefer On new plate, due to personal circumstances, they emailed me back next day confirming BW 26.

Not to sure why the build periods vary so much. Mine ordered 26th March, build week 29, delivery mid August. Seems inordinately long. Maybe its the sunroof...

Just spoke to Audi CS who told me that the car is at Sheerness! Called my dealer to confirm and am awaiting a phone call back :D

Not to sure why the build periods vary so much. Mine ordered 26th March, build week 29, delivery mid August. Seems inordinately long. Maybe its the sunroof...

A lot can depend on the cars that have already been ordered by a particular dealer. The often order cars for demo cars or for stock and if they already have a similar model to the one you order they can make the changes to the specification for the one already on order so that it becomes your car and they reorder one for themselves.

This is exactly what happened with my order. My dealer had already placed an order for a Sportback 2.0TDI-184 on 11 December 2013 and when I ordered mine on 10 Februray 2014 they changed the spec to match what I wanted. This meant that from order to build in my case was just 5 weeks. In the past I have waited 20 weeks but this time it will be just 9 weeks from order to me collecting the car this Friday.

Welcome JzaGza, give them a kick up the r's ordered mine 31st March said I would prefer On new plate, due to personal circumstances, they emailed me back next day confirming BW 26.
Thanks for the welcome, new to this forum lark - though do read piston heads a bit. I think I will chase my dealership cos it's so frustrating not knowing what's going on. Though I obviously test drove and loved it, it's even worse now that I've read Chris Harris' review (apart from the privacy glass part), just want delivery day to be here!

Just spoke to Audi CS who told me that the car is at Sheerness! Called my dealer to confirm and am awaiting a phone call back :D

What?! Your car is build week 14 and it is already at Sheerness? Mine's been at Emden waiting for a lift to Sheerness since the 20th March...

What?! Your car is build week 14 and it is already at Sheerness? Mine's been at Emden waiting for a lift to Sheerness since the 20th March...

There must be more to the delay than just availability on ships. I would get on the Audi CS again and ask them for an explanation.

Yes I was very surprised. Called customer services twice to verify. They also seemed very surprised it was so quick. Sorry to hear about yours though :(

There must be more to the delay than just availability on ships. I would get on the Audi CS again and ask them for an explanation.

I'm actually off to the dealers today anyway, so will ask them whilst I'm there.

Yes I was very surprised. Called customer services twice to verify. They also seemed very surprised it was so quick. Sorry to hear about yours though :(

Cheers and glad you've had some good luck!

I'm fed up of waiting now, I'd hoped to not have to renew my car insurance on the current car (20th April) but looks like I'll have to now (OK, not exactly the end of the world!!).

I've had my build week confirmed as build week 28 (w/c 7th July) - delivery around 11th August - so I'll more than likley wait until 1st September - unless it moves forward any more (its already moved forward 1 week) then I may be tempted to take it when its ready......

Ordered on 25th January

The wait it doing me in :racer:

I've had my build week confirmed as build week 28 (w/c 7th July) - delivery around 11th August - so I'll more than likley wait until 1st September - unless it moves forward any more (its already moved forward 1 week) then I may be tempted to take it when its ready......

Ordered on 25th January

The wait it doing me in :racer:

Custom paint colour really delays things!

Reactions: RAPS3
I'm actually off to the dealers today anyway, so will ask them whilst I'm there.

Mate, I'm in the same situation as you, apart from mine has been there since the 15th of March!!! (Maybe sooner, that's just when I found out.......)

I've been on the phone to them Monday, yesterday and today. The woman on the phone JUST said at around 14:20 today that "It will either be on the ship today or next Thursday..." And she'll call me back today at 16:00 to see if it's on it's way and made it on today's ship"

Really peeved off about the comment above about the guy in BUILD WEEK 14 already here!!??? Mine was built in week 10/11!!!!!

Either people are lying or something very unfair is going on here.

Mate, I'm in the same situation as you, apart from mine has been there since the 15th of March!!! (Maybe sooner, that's just when I found out.......)

I've been on the phone to them Monday, yesterday and today. The woman on the phone JUST said at around 14:20 today that "It will either be on the ship today or next Thursday..." And she'll call me back today at 16:00 to see if it's on it's way and made it on today's ship"

Really peeved off about the comment above about the guy in BUILD WEEK 14 already here!!??? Mine was built in week 10/11!!!!!

Either people are lying or something very unfair is going on here.

I wonder if certain dealers can jump the queue or something?

Mine is still in Emden (dealer confirmed this just now) and also suggested that they have a chaotic approach to what gets loaded. Certainly not a FIFO model! Whatever the reason, will speak to the dealer again next Wednesday and see if it's finally made it onto a ship.

Hope it doesn't end up at Emden as long as yours has been... I'm going to sell my current car privately anyway (probably next week) and Audi have said they can give me a car, seeing as mine's been so delayed.

Hello everyone, new to the forum. I have just order an A3 Sportback my first Audi. I have been reading the forum over the past couple of weeks and have finally got round to registering. I ordered March 28th and have been given build week 21.

Reactions: Sandra
Hello everyone, new to the forum. I have just order an A3 Sportback my first Audi. I have been reading the forum over the past couple of weeks and have finally got round to registering. I ordered March 28th and have been given build week 21.

Welcome to audi-sport.net and the 8v section. Time while fly past. Whats colour/spec ? Enjoy the forum. :) x

A3 Sportback Sport 2.0 TDI in Glacier White - Comfort Pack + ACC and Parking System Plus, Technology Pack, Xenon Light Pack, Electric Folding and Heated Mirrors and Audi Sound System.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Reactions: Sandra
A3 Sportback Sport 2.0 TDI in Glacier White - Comfort Pack + ACC and Parking System Plus, Technology Pack, Xenon Light Pack, Electric Folding and Heated Mirrors and Audi Sound System.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Nice Spec' - welcome - the forum might just keep you sane while waiting for you car, or on the other hand it might tip you over the edge!!! Either way it will help to pass the time........