So these are the things I learnt this weekend.
1. I wish I'd bought a 4 door. Having a baby with 3 doors is just ridiculous unless I'm on my own and put her in the front.
2. Test drove an A45 AMG yesterday in Derby. Proper 30ish mile test drive round all sorts of roads. Although exceptionally good, also exceptionally expensive when compared to the S3. Finance deals are no where near as good with Mercedes, it would cost me nearly £4000 cash and an extra £250/month to swap! Definitely not worth that kind of cash! They are a beast, sound very nice and I think they're a bit more special than an S3. The gearbox feels like it's a gearbox when you use the paddles, whereas the S3 S-tronic paddles feels like a switch. The engine pulls a lot harder to the redline at higher revs and properly pins you to the seat, which I feel the S3 should. All in all no chance I'd part ex though at the mo, just too much money. (I'm probably going to get slated for thinking about it, but keep reading!)
3. The S3 has apparently done £7k in 1500 miles in depreciation. Absolutely ridiculous! I know buying a brand new car it will depreciate but that's just crazy!
4. I've finally started to bond with the S3. I don't think I'd done enough miles on my own, apart from boring commuting to really appreciate it. Did about 150 miles yesterday in it and had some really good fun. Used manual and dynamic most of the time and gave it the beans.
5. It's definitely loosening up at 1500 miles. It's fast. And I mean properly, outrageously fast.
6. Driving through tunnels with the Milltek and window down should be a national past time. There's some good tunnels in Derby, it sounds like world war 3 has just been declared on upshifts.
7. The S3 cracks 150 (private road ahem) with ease.
8. The S3 (well mine) is faster than an M135i. Had some fun with one on a dual carriageway. He dropped 3 cogs, I stayed in 6th and I was on his arse to (ahem) 70ish...If I'd have dropped to 4th he wouldn't have seen me for dust.