Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By cuke2u
  • 1 Post By amped2
  • 1 Post By cemerson

Thread: Park System Plus mising - wondering what else!

  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4

    Park System Plus mising - wondering what else!

    Hi I took delivery of my brand new A3 Sportback last week, only to discover that the Park System Plus was missing of it - a good start! I'm sure its the leasing company's mistake but they are blaming the factory & saying they messed up the order. The car is going back to the dealership this week sometime to get the Park System Plus retro fitted to the car but I'm now wondering if there is anything else that has been missed off the car or any spares/accessories that should have come with it that are not there! is there anywhere I can check what's actually fitted on it & what should come with it?

    The car is basically an Audi A3 Sportback S Line 2.0TDi 150PS Manual with Technology Pack, Pearl Effect Paint & Comfort Package with Parking System Plus. It has the MMI touch & auto sensing wipers etc. so I assume the packs are there but now I'm concerned there may be something else missing!

    I have signed up with My Audi, & put the details in there & it lists the car as an A3 Sportback Ambition whatever that is but only lists the equipment individually not as packs etc.

    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lee171181 View Post
    Hi I took delivery of my brand new A3 Sportback last week, only to discover that the Park System Plus was missing of it - a good start! I'm sure its the leasing company's mistake but they are blaming the factory & saying they messed up the order. The car is going back to the dealership this week sometime to get the Park System Plus retro fitted to the car but I'm now wondering if there is anything else that has been missed off the car or any spares/accessories that should have come with it that are not there! is there anywhere I can check what's actually fitted on it & what should come with it?

    The car is basically an Audi A3 Sportback S Line 2.0TDi 150PS Manual with Technology Pack, Pearl Effect Paint & Comfort Package with Parking System Plus. It has the MMI touch & auto sensing wipers etc. so I assume the packs are there but now I'm concerned there may be something else missing!

    I have signed up with My Audi, & put the details in there & it lists the car as an A3 Sportback Ambition whatever that is but only lists the equipment individually not as packs etc.

    Thanks
    Ambition is the model name used in Germany and most of mainland Europe for a Sport model. There is no such thing to them as an S-Line as a model just an Ambition which has an S-Line package added.

    It is possible to get a full printout of all the items, standard and options fitted to a particular vehicle by joining a forum in the US - myTouareg.info :: Index page. Once you have joined go to ETKA Support and the thread PR Codes and ETKA 7.4 and post a request giving your full VIN Number. My new 8V has been made but it's still on the way to the dealers but they have given me the VIN number and the US forum came back with a list 176 codes related to my particular car.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  4. #3
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,254
    The codes should also be printed somewhere on a sticker in the service book/manual (though not as many codes, generally just the options). There's a website you can use to 'decode' them.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100
    Both great replies from h5djr and cemerson, but I'm not sure they answer lee171181's original query as they won't list the packs installed, just the individual build codes, which is similar to the list already checked on myaudi. Unfortuanely I don't think there's any way to get the information of packs installed, as these are just sales/marketing packs defined by Audi in the individual countries. As implied by d5djr these are converted to the build codes as part of the order, so packs won't appear on any docs coming from the factory.
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by constvoid View Post
    Both great replies from h5djr and cemerson, but I'm not sure they answer lee171181's original query as they won't list the packs installed, just the individual build codes, which is similar to the list already checked on myaudi. Unfortuanely I don't think there's any way to get the information of packs installed, as these are just sales/marketing packs defined by Audi in the individual countries. As implied by d5djr these are converted to the build codes as part of the order, so packs won't appear on any docs coming from the factory.
    No the packs aren't listed but I have got a full printout of the installed items as per the first reply & cross referenced those with the codes in the brochure & it does appear that all options are there apart from the park system plus. What I don't know about is any accessories that should be supplied with the car, - I have iPod cable, first aid kit, triangle & high viz jacket & that's about it so not sure if there should be anything else?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by constvoid View Post
    Both great replies from h5djr and cemerson, but I'm not sure they answer lee171181's original query as they won't list the packs installed, just the individual build codes, which is similar to the list already checked on myaudi. Unfortuanely I don't think there's any way to get the information of packs installed, as these are just sales/marketing packs defined by Audi in the individual countries. As implied by d5djr these are converted to the build codes as part of the order, so packs won't appear on any docs coming from the factory.
    On my 'Car data' list printed from the Audi AG website via the US forum it does list some of the 'package' information but without any description next to it. For example it lists WB6 which is the UK Xenon headlight package and WBI which is the Comfort package. These are the only two 'packages' I have on my new car. All the rest are single code options and the 12 I have ordered are all listed.

    Whilst the WBI Comfort Package is listed the component parts of the package PU7,7X1 and 8T2 are not listed but I do have 7X2 Park distance control, front and rear and PCG Adaptive cruise control listed as individual items which replace the 7X1 and 8T2.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  8. #7
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,576
    Mine says ambition too on the Audi 'Connect' website and lists the packages as separate items too. I'd go back to the dealership and ask them to list out what spec your car is as they can cross reference the codes that should be on a label under the boot mat..
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Mine says ambition too on the Audi 'Connect' website and lists the packages as separate items too. I'd go back to the dealership and ask them to list out what spec your car is as they can cross reference the codes that should be on a label under the boot mat..
    Ambition is a trim level name in Germany that is equivalent to our Sport. The have Attraction, Ambition, Ambiante and S3 as the levels of trim and you can add an S-Line Exterior Package or S-Line Sports Package as well as all the similar options to the UK. I think not all the options are now listed on the sticker in the Service book. The have probably run out of space!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  10. #9
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,576
    Yes, I read your first post and you are in danger of repeating yourself. I am only agreeing with op and very aware of the different labels different countries have for the a3. But it is a fact that is what it says..
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100
    Going back to the OP's query about accessories: the list seems reasonably complete, except no tool kit is mentioned - maybe that wasn't considered an accessory
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Yes, I read your first post and you are in danger of repeating yourself. I am only agreeing with op and very aware of the different labels different countries have for the a3. But it is a fact that is what it says..
    Yes you are probably right but some people are too lazy to go back and read the earlier posts which is why I thought it would be a good idea to clarify. After all I have no way of knowing how much you know about Audi's trim levels in other countries. The screens that appear in MyAudi do in fact come direct from the Audi AG website in Germany which is probably why some of the navigation instructions are still in German.

    It is interesting that the first four codes on the Car Data printout I have showing all 172 codes is A51 - Audi AG, A9D - Ambition, AQ0 - Standard production quality and AV0 Driving on the left.

    It also gives a code 1S1 as the code for 'Tool kit and Jack', so it may be worth looking to see if that code is mentioned at all.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  13. #12
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by lee171181 View Post
    No the packs aren't listed but I have got a full printout of the installed items as per the first reply & cross referenced those with the codes in the brochure & it does appear that all options are there apart from the park system plus. What I don't know about is any accessories that should be supplied with the car, - I have iPod cable, first aid kit, triangle & high viz jacket & that's about it so not sure if there should be anything else?

    Where was the first aid kit and triangle
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

  14. #13
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,576
    In my car the first aid kit is in a compartment under the drivers seat, RH drive, this will be the passenger seat LH drive and the triangle was inside the boot lid..
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  15. #14
    I think providing the first aid kit is new to the 8V. My existing 8P has a warning triangle in the luggage compartment but no first aid kit.

    Not sure where the will put it on my new 8V because it will have electrical operated front seats which, if the are anything like my existing 8V, stops them including the under seat drawers. Probably they will just put it in the glove box.

    Someone mentioned about a hi-vis vest being provided. Has anyone else had one of these? I already carry two in the glove box. The 'Car data' lists code 1T3 - First aid kit and warning triangle but there is no mention of a hi-vis vest.
    Last edited by h5djr; 1st April 2014 at 10:50.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  16. #15
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    439
    My old car, a 2007 8p, came with a really good first-aid kit in a large rectangular black box.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

  17. #16
    amped2's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I think providing the first aid kit is new to the 8V. My existing 8P has a warning triangle in the luggage compartment but no first aid kit.

    Not sure where the will put it on my new 8V because it will have electrical operated front seats which, if the are anything like my existing 8V, stops them including the under seat drawers. Probably they will just put it in the glove box.

    Someone mentioned about a hi-vis vest being provided. Has anyone else had one of these? I already carry two in the glove box. The 'Car data' lists code 1T3 - First aid kit and warning triangle but there is no mention of a hi-vis vest.
    we have them in ours,there is a small compartment in the rear seat.Its inline with the centre tunnel and has a clip on it to open.
    h5djr likes this.
    A3 S-line Saloon 1.8 S-tronic
    A1 3 door S-line 185bhp sold
    A4 Avant S-line 2.0 TDI sold
    Q5 Special edition 2.0 TDI sold
    R8 V10 Spyder only for the weekend
    A4 Cab S-line 2.0 TDI Sold
    A3 1.6 SE Sold

  18. #17
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,254
    Yeh, I have hi-vis vest(s) under the rear middle seat, very neat really.
    h5djr likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Yeh, I have hi-vis vest(s) under the rear middle seat, very neat really.
    Thanks for the replies. I must remember to have a look when I get mine.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. VCDS: Enabling Audi Parking System Plus on Acoustic-only Rear
    By Andi in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 17:24
  2. Parking system plus?
    By Itguy in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 8th December 2013, 09:19
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th October 2012, 18:49
  4. Parking System to Parking System Plus
    By AlexP in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th April 2010, 21:49
  5. Upgrade Parking System to Parking System Plus
    By AlexP in forum General Technical / How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th April 2010, 13:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO