Badger5Volks Autos
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By h5djr
  • 1 Post By h5djr

Thread: Audi Privacy Glass

  1. #1
    bobinder's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    171

    Audi Privacy Glass

    Is it possible for Audi to retrofit this? I'm expecting my new car next month and don't want to delay receiving the car so wondered if retrofitting is an option and if so how much?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinder View Post
    Is it possible for Audi to retrofit this? I'm expecting my new car next month and don't want to delay receiving the car so wondered if retrofitting is an option and if so how much?
    You may find it can be added to the order without causing any delay. Check with your dealer.
    bobinder likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  4. #3
    Looking at my copy of the parts catalogue which may not be 100% up to date with prices each side will cost £152.59 and the rear window £151.98 so you are looking at £457.16 total.

    The Privacy glass option is on £290 so I would see if the dealer can get it added to the order. It is usually possible to change the spec up to around four weeks before the build date.
    bobinder likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  5. #4
    bobinder's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Looking at my copy of the parts catalogue which may not be 100% up to date with prices each side will cost £152.59 and the rear window £151.98 so you are looking at £457.16 total.

    The Privacy glass option is on £290 so I would see if the dealer can get it added to the order. It is usually possible to change the spec up to around four weeks before the build date.
    Thanks, I'll ask the question.

  6. #5
    Longy's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinder View Post
    Is it possible for Audi to retrofit this? I'm expecting my new car next month and don't want to delay receiving the car so wondered if retrofitting is an option and if so how much?
    Surely it must be able to install after a car is built, as what happens if someone smashes your rear window or you're involved in an accident that results in those windows being smashed.

    From what I was told though, those parts would have to come from Germany, so in Europe, it won't be so bad, but here in Australia, it probably take a month or so to get shipped here.
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    145
    Another option is to just tint the rear windows when the car arrives
    Build week 13 - 8V A3 184 Sportback S Line, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Privacy Glass, B&O, Interior light pack, Comfort pack, Heated seats.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Longy View Post
    Surely it must be able to install after a car is built, as what happens if someone smashes your rear window or you're involved in an accident that results in those windows being smashed.

    From what I was told though, those parts would have to come from Germany, so in Europe, it won't be so bad, but here in Australia, it probably take a month or so to get shipped here.
    Yes of course it's possible just a lot more expensive because you pay for two lots of glass. The ordinary from when the car is built and the Privacy glass added later, plus the labour costs involved.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  9. #8
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,571
    The car could have been built anyway as the OP is expecting it next month...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    The car could have been built anyway as the OP is expecting it next month...
    Depends on the actual build date. Mine was here 8 days after being built so if it's not due to the end of next month he may just get the request in in-time.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    267
    I had privacy glass fitted to my last S3 by the dealer when it was delivered – I paid exactly the same as the price as I would had if I’d ordered it with that box ticked.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

  12. #11
    bobinder's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    I had privacy glass fitted to my last S3 by the dealer when it was delivered – I paid exactly the same as the price as I would had if I’d ordered it with that box ticked.
    When did you order it?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Audi A3-8P Sportback privacy glass
    By AUDIA3QS in forum For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th July 2011, 10:48
  2. Genuine Audi privacy glass
    By yod9999 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th May 2008, 10:51
  3. Privacy glass/secure film
    By Eeef in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st December 2004, 22:52
  4. Window Tinting/Privacy Glass
    By simondavidr in forum Other Brands & Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 1st May 2004, 19:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO