Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Permanantley Live 12V Socket

6th Gear

Status
    Perhaps, but it could also be part of the MMI system (which I suspect) as I think it turns off after 10 minutes with no ignition like the rest of the MMI. I'm sure I tested it before anyway and it did this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    That makes sense I guess. In which case I wonder how difficult it would be to (neatly) run a cable from the power socket at the rear of the centre console into the armrest?

Having not got the car yet, I can't check it easily...
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 184 Quattro S-tronic Ambition (ordered 8/4/14, BW19) - Phantom black, S-line, Sport Design, Intuition Plus & Assistance packs. Sport suspension, Badge delete, Heated folding mirrors, Electric heated seats, Sunroof, Xenon Plus lights, Towbar, Audi Connect, Electric lumbar support, Light/rain sensor, Hill assist , GPS Plus, B&O speakers, Through-loading facility, Presense basic, TPMS, Flat steering wheel with paddles, Side airbags, Light module, Locking wheel nuts

5th Gear

Status
    If you spec the luggage and storage pack - you get an additional 12V socket in the boot - surely this would be a much safer place to leave something on charge (if safe) out of sight ?

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Neutral

Status
    I want to put my speed camera beeper in the armrest (to use in conjunction with the MMI visual alerts described in another thread). It needs to be permanently powered, otherwise it switches off when the battery runs out after a few hours. Then I'd have to remember to switch it on again, which I probably would forget to do!
    Last edited by Nerdy Norm; 30th April 2014 at 13:16.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 184 Quattro S-tronic Ambition (ordered 8/4/14, BW19) - Phantom black, S-line, Sport Design, Intuition Plus & Assistance packs. Sport suspension, Badge delete, Heated folding mirrors, Electric heated seats, Sunroof, Xenon Plus lights, Towbar, Audi Connect, Electric lumbar support, Light/rain sensor, Hill assist , GPS Plus, B&O speakers, Through-loading facility, Presense basic, TPMS, Flat steering wheel with paddles, Side airbags, Light module, Locking wheel nuts

5th Gear

Status
    Yes it is very easy to thread a cable from the rear 12V socket, to the cubby hole in the armrest.
    Because the lid doesn't actually close the cubby hole, it merely "hovers" over the top of the compartment, so it won't trap any cables.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

Neutral

Status
    Perfect, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12