Radio Text

lee171181

Reaction score
Hi, Just got my brand new A3 S-Line with MMI plus Tehc pack but how do I enable radio text on the memory display? Ive ticked the option for station information & detailed station information but when playing the radio station, nothing is displayed, just an i and epg symbol. obviously I can go into the functions, click on the i icon to see the radio text, but id like it to automatically appear each time. Thanks

Not sure you can set it to display that automatically. It has to be selected each time.

Agree is a pain.

I'm not so sure there is a pic of that here? but nonetheless I haven't been able to do it either maybe it's a firmware thing because I've looked all over and would be good.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/171806-you-wanted-pics.html

Yes I can get it to do that but that's not what I mean, if you select the detailed station information option then you get a display with just that station and a big black space underneath for what you would have thought scrolling radio text but it doesn't look like it's an option sadly. I do like the slideshow though that shows the album art etc but just a shame it's only on capital and heart radio!

Yes I can get it to do that but that's not what I mean, if you select the detailed station information option then you get a display with just that station and a big black space underneath for what you would have thought scrolling radio text but it doesn't look like it's an option sadly. I do like the slideshow though that shows the album art etc but just a shame it's only on capital and heart radio!

You have to go back in to the settings menu (tune up, tune down etc) and scroll to the square box symbol with an "i" in it.

However the car won't remember this detailed setting and next time the ignition is turned on or you select that radio station from the memory: it will only show station name but not the radio text.

John.