Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: DIS symbol?

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add martyboy on Facebook

DIS symbol?

Probably a dumb question, but I was wondering what the 3 key-like symbols at the bottom right of the DIS at startup are for?
    Cheers
    Just taken delivery of my Glacier White S-Line Sportback

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Rear seat sensors, they go solid white when there is weight on them.
    martyboy likes this.
    Audi A3 SportBack S-Line 1.4 COD, Phantom Black, Comfort Pack, Parking Plus, Transformer Door Mirrors, Technology Pack, Bang & Olufsen

6th Gear

Status
    Seatbelt indicators actually. I don't think there are weight sensors.
    martyboy likes this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Full LED baby !

Status
    I think I have always one white ?
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    I think I have always one white ?
    Ghost?
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

1st Gear

Status
    There will be a weight sensor to warn you if someone isn't wearing a seat belt
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

Full LED baby !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    Ghost?

That explains a lot of things
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    They are seatbelt sensors only. When my A3 was delivered, the rear 3 seatbelts were secured. The icons were solid white. Only one has been undone, now 2 are white, one black.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arad85 View Post
    They are seatbelt sensors only. When my A3 was delivered, the rear 3 seatbelts were secured. The icons were solid white. Only one has been undone, now 2 are white, one black.
    ahh you might be right, but there might be some logic built into the car that sets the alarm tone off if a seatbelt is removed while the car is moving. im sure i recall this happening when a passenger took their seatbelt off before id completely stopped - will have to test sometime
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

6th Gear

Status
    The front passenger seat has a weight sensor in it and warns you when you move away with someone in the seat but the belt not fastened.

The rear seats have no weight sensors, the above symbols just appear for a while when you start the ignition so you can monitor the seatbelts to easily check everyone in the back has buckled up. It's replaced with the temperature reading after a short period
    cemerson likes this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    If the state of the rear belts changes when the car is moving, the car beeps and puts the symbols back on the screen so you can see what has happened as well.

Mine aren't solid white though, they have a diagonal black line across them to indicate the seatbelt being on.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Mine aren't solid white though, they have a diagonal black line across them to indicate the seatbelt being on.
    Yes, you're right

Full LED baby !

Status
    I actually had a look and this is what I get when alone in the car :

Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    Is the seatbelt plugged in?

Full LED baby !

Status
    no
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds like a fault then

Full LED baby !

Status
    will ask tomorrow when they change my windscreen and do the first service
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    You could maybe try plugging the seatbelt in and out a few times to see if it 'clears' it?

Full LED baby !

Status
    funny thing is that it's a 2 seater, I don't even have belt buckles
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    funny thing is that it's a 2 seater, I don't even have belt buckles
    We're talking REAR seats here

Full LED baby !

Status
    Yes I Know, and I don't have any
    Porsche BBK...

1st Gear

Status
    Yes I Know, and I don't have any
    Do you mean you have no seats in the rear? Or do you mean you have two seats but no seat belts?
    Don't blame me for your ignorance and stupidity. It's entirely your own doing, and nowt to do with me.

Neutral

Status
    According to the Audi website under safety > integral safety > seat belts:
    The Audi A3 Sportback also features seat belt reminders for both front and rear seats.
    This does imply they work the same way... or do you just get the flashy red dude on the DIS instead of the chime?
    Audi A3 SportBack S-Line 1.4 COD, Phantom Black, Comfort Pack, Parking Plus, Transformer Door Mirrors, Technology Pack, Bang & Olufsen

Full LED baby !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Do you mean you have no seats in the rear? Or do you mean you have two seats but no seat belts?
    no rear seats, tax related
    Porsche BBK...

1st Gear

Status
    no rear seats, tax related
    So it's an A3 with rear seats removed rather than a two seater A3. In that case the person who removed the seats should've disabled the rear seat belt reporting system, surely?
    Don't blame me for your ignorance and stupidity. It's entirely your own doing, and nowt to do with me.

Full LED baby !

Status
    well, a two-seater is something with two seats, could be a boat, a plane or even a sofa.
    Last edited by snowfree52; 27th March 2014 at 14:27.
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    You're taking the mick, right ? Taking the back seats out for tax purposes? So, if you happen to have a third passenger do they go in the boot or on the roof ? that's ludicrous. If true, what does the back of your car look like? must look odd?

5th Gear

Status
    well, a two-seater is something with two seats, could be a boat, a plane or even a sofa.
    I am so confused
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

181 BHP

Status
    Somebody else mentioned on this forum that they had, had the seats removed at the border. I believe that the person was from Denmark and that vehicle was ply linned or something (can not remember exactly) in the rear turning it into a van, two front seats only. This was to save lots on tax.

The post was "THE PERFECT BIRTHDAY GIFT TO MYSELF" back on the 29th Jan by cbotved.
    Link here The perfect birthday gift to myself - A3 SB 2.0 TDi
    Last edited by andy203; 27th March 2014 at 17:07.
    Proud Owner - A3 Sportback 2 lt Quattro - S Line - Daytona Grey

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh right, if it were me i'd rather buy a proper two seater … lol

Full LED baby !

Status
    You're taking the mick, right ? Taking the back seats out for tax purposes? So, if you happen to have a third passenger do they go in the boot or on the roof ? that's ludicrous. If true, what does the back of your car look like? must look odd?

He doesn't go in my car, it's got 2 seats ...

Funilly, you can take the price you paid for your car, you substract 20% and you have the price I would have paid for your car.
    then you take the price you pay for fuel, tires, service, nice rims, whatever ... and you substract again 20% and you have the price I pay.

and the boot of my car looks like it's got the back seats pulled down
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry, not trying to disrespect you or your choices but I would personally be ready to pay more to keep my seats and would refuse to have any modifications made to it other than performance or aesthetic upgrades. But I understand we all want different things and respect that .

Full LED baby !

Status
    It's a company car. there are added taxes on top of full price in my country if you don't remove the back seats as well (percentage of the full price of the car per year). 99% of the company cars here have them removed.

still, could be worse
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok in that case it's a different matter .

You're from Finland right? Never knew they did that there .

Full LED baby !

Status
    well, from France. Starts the same, but not really the same place
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    On fait ça en France? Bah merde, je savais pas :D

Oki, well that's news to me !! )

5th Gear

Status
    without wishing to de-rail the thread, i'd be interested to see some pics of the rear of your car!
    Battlekrapz and arad85 like this.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

2nd Gear

Status
    So... the question is... did it start life as a car with a rear seat from the factory or did it come from the factory as a 2 seater?

Full LED baby !

Status
    On fait ça en France? Bah merde, je savais pas :D

Oki, well that's news to me !! )
    expat ?

Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    without wishing to de-rail the thread, i'd be interested to see some pics of the rear of your car!
    will take a pic when it's clean.

and I think the thread derailed well before you asked that

Quote Originally Posted by arad85 View Post
    So... the question is... did it start life as a car with a rear seat from the factory or did it come from the factory as a 2 seater?
    I have the back seats on a shelf
    Porsche BBK...

2nd Gear

Status
    I have the back seats on a shelf
    In which case... it will still think the seatbelt is buckled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast