Tech pack - dictating messages

PDA3

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey

I don't have Connect, but was just fiddling about and realised with my work Blackberry I can ask the MMI to dictate texts and emails. Not with my iPhone though. I thought this was exclusive to Connect but seems not. Thought I'd share in case others didn't realise.

It definitely is only for connect, because it needs a data connection to do the transcription to text. Are you sure you didn't activate a similar feature on your phone? And sure you don't have connect? :p

I'm really confused - I did get the tech pack, but not with connect as far as I know. In my glove box I have the media box with 2 sd card slots but no sim slot.

In any case, even without a sim in there, the MMI does dictate my messages on my blackberry. I haven't been able to see google maps on the sat nav, which makes me think I don't have connect....

What do you mean by dictation exactly? The MMI reading messages to you, or you dictating messages to the MMI in order to send them?

Ah, that's not text message dictation, that's standard with all systems I think (or maybe tech pack only? Not sure on that one). Text message dictation means you can speak the content of a text and it uses voice recognition to convert it to text and send it to a contact.