Black Edition ....... When and What Kit ?

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
So then Guys .......

When do we anticipate a full on "black edition" of the A3 and S3 becoming available ?
and what kit do we think it will include ?
Be interesting from those that had previous A3 / S3's to hear how soon the BE became available if anyone can recall.
In terms of kit, if it follows standard other Audi BE packages, it will no doubt comprise something like .....

Black edition alloys
Black Styling kit - inside & out
B&O Sound System
Privacy Glass
Flat bottom steering wheel (if not already standard)

All the separate bits are there now more or less, so will it be made available sooner rather than later I wonder ?

Maybe they hold off until the newness of the current model wears off, sales dip and then they introduce the BE model to re-invigorate sales?

When I got my '07 S3 it wasn't an option, then by '08 it had launched (not that I was dogged off!). Be intrigued to see what wheels they'd use for BE models as the rotors must be getting near end of their lifecycle?

Hmm they do have the 18" Velum alloys in the accessories brochure could be a possibility.

Maybe they hold off until the newness of the current model wears off, sales dip and then they introduce the BE model to re-invigorate sales?

When I got my '07 S3 it wasn't an option, then by '08 it had launched (not that I was dogged off!). Be intrigued to see what wheels they'd use for BE models as the rotors must be getting near end of their lifecycle?

Possibly not till next year then - would make sense I guess as clearly interest in the model is still extremely high at the moment.

Yeah the rotors (whilst they look great) have been around for quite some time now and are generic on countless Audi models across the range so hopefully they will come up with a new design.

Hmm they do have the 18" Velum alloys in the accessories brochure could be a possibility.

Would be nice if they finally came up with some 19" alloys as an option.
Can't be too hard as VW offer 19" rims for the Golf R !